PDA

View Full Version : Two Bucket System

Allen Anderson
09-12-2010, 03:09 AM
$140 buckets? really...

Vjeszczi
09-12-2010, 03:18 AM
I use the two bucket system, I bought one bucket with the grit guard and lid from AG, and another from a local hardware store. Was going to use the grit guard in the one I got from the store, but the dimensions aren't right and it spins on the bottom, so I have to use it in the AG bucket.

So 40 bucks or so for the AG bucket, and 4 bucks for the other bucket. So I have to pick up my buckets and manually move them around, but the system works well, after seeing the dirt that comes off a car using the two bucket system, I can't really see myself ever using just 1 bucket again.

Bunky
09-12-2010, 06:00 AM
I see $120 at AG, you get 2 buckets with an AG, 2 grit guards, 2 gamma seal slids, and 2 dollies that you can sit on with a connector plate. If you use the ago code, you will get free shipping.

I picked up the translucent version when they were on BOGO because I wanted the gamma seal lids and getting them elsewhere with shipping made it just as easy to get from AG.

The home depot buckets work fine as a bucket but they are orange (harder to see water level through side) and the lids are paint can lid snap on style. The translucent AG buckets have gallon markings on them for easy measuring.

Some spend their money on NASCAR tickets, others spend it on detailing toys.

Bonifax
09-12-2010, 06:37 AM
:iagree:

yeebiz
09-12-2010, 08:36 AM
If $140 is too steep you can get a translucent bucket with grit guard for soap:

Grit Guard, Grit Guard insert, bucket grate, bucket grid, (http://www.autogeek.net/grit-guard.html)

and a black bucket with grit guard for rinsing:

5 Gallon Professional Wash Bucket with Grit Guard - BLACK (http://www.autogeek.net/bucket-with-grit-guard2.html)

Total investment is $40.

Well worth it IMHO.

Old Tiger
09-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I see $120 at AG, you get 2 buckets with an AG, 2 grit guards, 2 gamma seal slids, and 2 dollies that you can sit on with a connector plate. If you use the ago code, you will get free shipping.

I picked up the translucent version when they were on BOGO because I wanted the gamma seal lids and getting them elsewhere with shipping made it just as easy to get from AG.

The home depot buckets work fine as a bucket but they are orange (harder to see water level through side) and the lids are paint can lid snap on style. The translucent AG buckets have gallon markings on them for easy measuring.

If Does anyone know a retail store that sells Gamma Seals? BTW I much prefer the Dirt Dropper to a Grit Guard. Also US Plastics sells a heavy duty bucket for about $7. It is thicker and more rigid, but doesnt come in translucent. US Plastics also sells a superb hand grip to replace the cheap small grips on a standard 5 gallon bucket,