PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Shampooing with APC

Pristine Image
09-11-2010, 07:04 PM
So, long story short, a can of coke blew up in the back of my truck cab last night spraying all over the leather seats, the carpet, and headliner. This morning I cleaned up the headliner with some folex very easily and shampooed the carpet using a home carpet extractor (Bissell Proheat, the upright vacuum type). I was wondering if my choice of chemicals is ok. It worked fine this time around but I don't want to keep doing it from time to time if it may be damaging the carpet in some way.

My method was to vacuum thoroughly, spray down the carpet with a few spritzs of Meg's All Purpose Cleaner, spray it with water from the Bissell, agitate with a brush, and extract. Is the Meg's APC (not the plus one) adequate to use for carpet cleaning? I've got it diluted close to 10:1.

Rsurfer
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
So, long story short, a can of coke blew up in the back of my truck cab last night spraying all over the leather seats, the carpet, and headliner. This morning I cleaned up the headliner with some folex very easily and shampooed the carpet using a home carpet extractor (Bissell Proheat, the upright vacuum type). I was wondering if my choice of chemicals is ok. It worked fine this time around but I don't want to keep doing it from time to time if it may be damaging the carpet in some way.

My method was to vacuum thoroughly, spray down the carpet with a few spritzs of Meg's All Purpose Cleaner, spray it with water from the Bissell, agitate with a brush, and extract. Is the Meg's APC (not the plus one) adequate to use for carpet cleaning? I've got it diluted close to 10:1.Why didn't you use the Folex for the carpet. Works real well and will not harm the fibers.

davidc
09-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Agree with the Folex. I used Folex and a mf to clean up chili sauce the wife spilled in her van. I had tried Folex and terry cloths getting no where until I switched to the mf.

Dave

Pristine Image
09-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Why didn't you use the Folex for the carpet. Works real well and will not harm the fibers.

Heh, I don't know. I figured Folex was more of a spot treater than an overall shampoo.