PDA

View Full Version : Opti-seal for my RV???

Soilsample
09-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi
I have a nearly new travel trailer that I need to put a protectant on.
It is 29' with a slide out. Due to size I'm looking for an easy to apply product.

I recently ordered some optimum opti-seal. Will this work well for my fiberglass/gell coat camper??

Thanks
Donald

trhland
09-11-2010, 03:57 PM
im not sure.i would think so. i just bought poliseal and im blown away with the result it gives. love optimum line..

ScottB
09-11-2010, 05:39 PM
you should always spot test any new product in a hidden area as possible. I would think Optiseal would work also.

davidc
09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a 32' fifth wheel. I have a few experiments going on as like you say there is a lot of real estate to wax/seal. On the front cap I have liquid glass topped with Zaino clear seal, drivers side has Zaino Z2 topped with Zaino clear seal, on the back is Meguiars carnuba. This all started mid May 2010. Last weekend I noticed the front cap starting to fade, drivers side looks pretty much like the day I did it, back is oxidizing badly. I now have another experiment started as I followed 303 protectants idea on the back. I applied 303 on the fiberglass and rubbed it around then walked away for a few hours. When I came back I removed the excess and all signs of oxidation were gone on the test area. 303 recommends applying like I did but letting it soak in for 12-24 hours and removing any excess with a damp cloth and drying as you go. 303 also states you can apply with an orbital or DA style buffer which helps with durability. I can tell you the 303 was the least work and the finish is excellent, the durability is the experiment. 303 implies you should do this every 45-60 days. As of right now the Zaino Z2 and clear seal has been the longest lasting.

Dave

Soilsample
09-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the input!

I also have some Wolfgang DGPS and a flex.... I'm sure that would work well. But it will be much more work!

I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks
Donald

Chris Thomas
09-12-2010, 12:24 AM
I use it on gelcoat canopies on houseboats and it works great. Lasts good too unless you use strong APC to wash.

davidc
09-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Check your pm's

Dave