PDA

View Full Version : Polishings pads stained by M06

Pages : [1] 2

BenSRT
09-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I make a job today and after I wash my pads in bucket with warm water and DP rejuvenator.I wash very hard,brush,twist and the pads stay stained by the wax/cleaner M06...it is normal or I'm doing something wrong?

help me please??

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x209/Dodge30/photos220.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x209/Dodge30/photos221.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x209/Dodge30/photos219.jpg

Fly bye
09-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Looks like the car was pretty dirty. Did you clay first?

BenSRT
09-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes I claying the car before...it is normal he stay stained or I'm doing something wrong??

Fly bye
09-11-2010, 04:37 PM
It can be normal, depending on variables, to have permanent staining of foam pads.

Soak em for at least a couple of hours in medium hot water with Dawn in a bucket.

Fly bye
09-11-2010, 04:39 PM
What color is the car?

BenSRT
09-11-2010, 05:20 PM
the car is dark blue.What is Dawn?? I don't know what is it??Can put pads with DP rejunevator in a bucket for the night??My pads is not old

Fly bye
09-11-2010, 05:51 PM
It looks like there may be some dark blue clear coat on the pads. I have a red Honda S2000, and have had foam pads turn reddish after polishing. I have even seen some red transfer onto a mico fiber cloth (from removing polishing compound), which suggests that a clear coat has tint to it, (not 100% clear).

The tint, if that's what it is, will not come out, so don't make a career out of trying too. As long as it's "clean", and there is no foreign debris, or anything that will scratch the finish, you're good to go.

Dawn is dishwashing soap/detergent. Dawn is a surfactant, meaning that it is a degreaser. I use it to clean pads and micro fibers. I also use a sprayer to rinse soap/dirt, as well as rinse/remove any foreign particles.

As far as soaking the pads in DP rejunevator for the night, I don't know, although I have done long soaks using Dawn. Dawn has never hurt any of my pads.

Once a pad has been soaking for 12+ hours, I think it's a good idea at that point to use a sprayer, like a kitchen sink type sprayer to rinse/remove the dirt, as the soaking will have loosened it. At that point, any dirt that does not come out, won't. You're done.

BenSRT
09-11-2010, 06:00 PM
dishwashing!! I never think to try that!!!So I try to that and give feedback tomorow

thanks a lot!!

BenSRT
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
hum....check this thread the guy said is not realy good dishwasher liquid to use on pads??I'm confused??
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/27937-how-remove-sealant-pads-3.html

Kevin Brown
09-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Ah, yes. Cleaning waxes, sealants, and polymers from foam pads can be difficult. This class of products has serious staying power, and can repel water and detergents that use water to suspend or carry the cleaning ingredients.

You'll be wise to agitate the pad with a fingernail cleaning brush (any nylon brush will do) and some sort of concentrated cleaning solution. You can use any soap or detergent- I personally use car wash soap.

Remember this... if the solution you are using is too strong, it has the potential to loosen or ruin or weaken the adhesive that binds the foam to the attachment material (the fuzzy Velcro stuff). So, degreasers like Castrol's Super Clean will work, but the sodium hydroxide and other chemicals used to kick the cleaning power up will definitely cause issues down the road. Same goes for products that use butyl, and other strong chemicals.

Whatever you use... just make sure you THOROUGHLY rinse the pads.

Use warm water. Get things too hot, and the adhesive could potentially weaken. Good luck!

BenSRT
09-11-2010, 09:07 PM
If I let soak in warm water and rejenvator all the it is good???I don't want to try so strong chemical because I'm scared to make dammage at my pads!!

Fly bye
09-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Use warm water. Get things too hot, and the adhesive could potentially weaken. Good luck!

It's prolly not a good idea to soak the pads in hot water, I should have made that clear, although I have sprayed foam with medium hot water to help loosen, and ultimately rinse as much dirt that will come out of the foam, and have never had a problem with any of my pads regarding the foam or the velcro.

BenSRT
09-12-2010, 07:18 AM
hum....check this thread the guy said is not realy good dishwasher liquid to use on pads??I'm confused??
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/27937-how-remove-sealant-pads-3.html

flybye have you see this thread?? You think what about that??

BenSRT
09-12-2010, 08:38 AM
So ,I see on the forum severals method to clean pads but severals are confused.I don't have the washer pad.I wash by hand and I have some difficulty to wash it.presently I put it in a bucket with warm water and DP rejunevator.I let soak some a couple hours after I try to brush it.

someone have an idea for me??

yeebiz
09-12-2010, 09:05 AM
In that thread they were talking about Dawn Power Dissolver. Completely different animal than regular Dawn. Power Dissolver is a much stronger product.

I currently use Dawn Power Dissolver on pads that have stubborn stains. I spray it on and let it soak in for a little. I really wouldn't recommended letting it sit on the pads for more than 15-20 minutes. Then use a brush or your fingers to agitate it into the pad. After that I rinse, then rinse, and then rinse some more.

I have tried regular Dawn, Megs APC+, and XMT Pad Cleaner. They all work well for most pads.

Hope this helps.