PDA

View Full Version : Swirl X ?

Jeff120
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Something I have been wondering recently. Can I use Megs SwirlX as a paint cleaner? I bought it to follow my application of Ultimate compound when I removed swirls from my truck. The combo worked great.
Now I want to do a final clean up on my car before winter, strip all wax ect. On AG store site it says SwirlX isnt abrasive?
Meguiars Swirl X Swirl Remover, SwirlX, car polish, Meguiar's Swirl Remover, Meguiars polishes, meguires, megwires (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-swirl-remover.html)

It sure removed the swirls from my truck though and it wasnt just filling them.

My question is this, the car is new and doesnt have any swirls and I want to use the least aggressive product. I like how well it cleaned the paint on my truck and left a real nice finish. If Im not looking for correction could I use it without pressure and a speed of like 3.5 or 4 with a gray or white CCS pad on my DA just as a cleaner? Or should I use my WG paint cleanser instead, which I know doesnt have any abrasives in it?

WRAPT C5Z06
09-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Swirl X is definitely an abrasive polish. I doesn't fill swirls. Do an IPA wipedown to check your results. Use WG paint cleaner. That's non-abrasive.

Dubbin1
09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
If you already have a paint cleanser then why even bother with the swirl x?

tenzin
09-11-2010, 12:15 AM
How is the Megs UC???

Jeff120
09-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Swirl X is definitely an abrasive polish. I doesn't fill swirls. Do an IPA wipedown to check your results. Use WG paint cleaner. That's non-abrasive.

Thanks I figured that was a mistake on the site.

If you already have a paint cleanser then why even bother with the swirl x?
Pretty much just wondered if I could do it. If it would work as I thought.

How is the Megs UC???

Its nice stuff. Long work time and left the finish very nice.

bodavenport
09-11-2010, 12:21 PM
On light colors UC could almost be a one stepper to remove swirls, it finishes down pretty well. I hit it again to just to amp the gloss with 205 but it could almost be left alone. good stuff