PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice...

Whitethunder46
11-22-2006, 12:14 AM
My sister is in town and before she heads back home, she want's her car cleaned.

I'm good on everything, but I'm going to add a layer of NXT Sealant (Only thing I have) to her car to at least protect through winter.

It's an 02 Accord, dark blue, and shows pretty good swirls. Now I can't polish or anything like that since I don't have a Porter Cable yet. I plan on washing with Dawn to get any residue, grime, current wax off there is. Is there anything I should do to the surface before adding NXT to at least protect what she has?

supercharged
11-22-2006, 01:49 AM
I personally prefer stripping previous coats of wax with Klasse AIO, or one of the polishes(SSR1, or XMT1).

Whitethunder46
11-22-2006, 02:18 AM
I personally prefer stripping previous coats of wax with Klasse AIO, or one of the polishes(SSR1, or XMT1).

Problem is I don't have any of those. The only thing I could possibly get is OTC products.

BTW, any decent OTC products for wheel cleaning and carpet stain removal? No biggy if there is acid in the wheel cleaner.

supercharged
11-22-2006, 05:10 AM
Meguiar's ScratchX, or #9 swirl remover. You probably won't find it in Wally world, but should be able to find it in local auto chain stores. I also used Meguiar's interior cleaner with success (make sure you work in a well ventilated area). And Meguiar's all wheel cleaner on wheels. It is acid based (not as strong as their chrome wheel cleaner), so be sure you wear gloves.

Russecu
11-22-2006, 07:40 AM
For OTC carpet cleaning I have heard alot about Folex. Can be purchased at Lowes and maybe wally world. Some people use it for tough stains and a mixture of woolite and water for regular cleaning. I have DP carpet cleaner and it works well also

ryandamartini
11-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Problem is I don't have any of those. The only thing I could possibly get is OTC products.

BTW, any decent OTC products for wheel cleaning and carpet stain removal? No biggy if there is acid in the wheel cleaner.

Folex at home depot / lowes.

and Kids and Pets at Target / Wal Mart.

Search for duragloss products you might be able to pick up around your area as they are OTC. You could use 101 to remove the old wax while laying down a nice foundation.

-Ryan

Neothin
11-22-2006, 10:04 AM
to remove the old buildup, you could even go to any auto parts store and pick up a bottle of meguiar's deep crystal step 1. Its an effective chemical cleaner that works well by hand. It's what I used prior to getting my first bottle of AIO

pt91
11-22-2006, 10:27 AM
I suggest looking for clay then find some DG or collinite for winter. Forget about the NXT for winter protection. Also, I wouldn't wash with dawn.