PDA

View Full Version : No.7 Glaze only for single stage paints

MDRX8
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Is no.7 only for single stage paints. If it can not get into the pores of a clearcote then your wasting your time?????

C. Charles Hahn
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/28386-meguiars-no-7-a-3.html

Take a look at that thread; Mike Phillips responded to that exact question in one of his replies.

Mike Phillips
09-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Here's another use for a body shop safe glaze on any kind of paint...

Body Shop Safe Glaze on Fresh Paint - #7 Show Car Glaze (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/28659-body-shop-safe-glaze-fresh-paint-7-show-car-glaze.html)

:)

Silverstone
09-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't know but I used it on my grey metallic 2 stage paint car and saw absolutely no difference.

Fly bye
09-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't know but I used it on my grey metallic 2 stage paint car and saw absolutely no difference.

#7 may not yield a big improvement on a modern clear coat that is in pristine condition, epecially on a color like grey, silver, white, ect.

Mike Phillips
09-13-2010, 03:22 PM

Is the paint currently clear and glossy?

Clear = swirl and scratch free...

Silverstone
09-14-2010, 03:06 AM

I had just gone over it with PC and menz intensive and micro polishes so there are no swirls but still some random deeper scratches. It currently has a coat of WGDGPS on it and looks quite amazing.

BillE
09-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Just my 2 cents...I always use in on the wifes black 2000 Subaru.

It just makes the color 'pop' into the nice wet/shinely look. Then wax/sealant over.

Maybe it's just me, but I do see the difference.

Bill

Mike Phillips
09-14-2010, 07:44 AM

I had just gone over it with PC and menz intensive and micro polishes

You you just polished it to the a high gloss using Menzerna polishes?

My guess is that the Menzerna polish left the paint looking pristine after wipe off and it's going to be pretty hard to apply "anything" and then see a dramatic before and after difference.

#7 is a good product, it's not for everyone and it's not a miracle product that will take the results of other product to a higher level every time it's applied.