PDA

View Full Version : layering sonax and upgp, can it be done?

svs
09-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Am I able to layer sonax liquid nano wax on top of upgp? I ask because reading the sonax description it talks about penetrating into the paint, and with a layer of upgp on I wonder if I will get the full benefit of each product? These are both new products for me so I have no experience with either. If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated.

"Nano technology focuses on the building blocks of a great shine, not just the surface. The ingredients in SONAX NanoTechnology Liquid Wax are broken down to penetrate beneath the surface of the paint and to enrich and protect it from the inside out. This approach is more than a shiny coat of lacquer for the paint; it is complete paint care that is evident in the paint’s gloss and smooth texture."

I think if theres no issues with these two layering i'll have myself my go to combo! :xyxthumbs:

JSFM35x
09-10-2010, 05:57 AM
From what I have learned here, you can top a sealant (UPGP) with a wax but not visa versa. A wax will adhere to a sealant, but a sealant will not bond to a wax, it needs a clean surface to bond and cure properly. I would also point out that I do not top my sealant will a carnuba because I like to pack on protection, and the UPGP is so easy to apply that as winter approaches, I wash, Ultima DQ and add another coat of UPGP. If you top with a wax that is not an option. People say that a wax over a sealant gives a warm glow? I like the optically correct reflection of a sealant, but that is just personal choice.

Am I able to layer sonax liquid nano wax on top of upgp? I ask because reading the sonax description it talks about penetrating into the paint, and with a layer of upgp on I wonder if I will get the full benefit of each product? These are both new products for me so I have no experience with either. If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated.

"Nano technology focuses on the building blocks of a great shine, not just the surface. The ingredients in SONAX NanoTechnology Liquid Wax are broken down to penetrate beneath the surface of the paint and to enrich and protect it from the inside out. This approach is more than a shiny coat of lacquer for the paint; it is complete paint care that is evident in the paint’s gloss and smooth texture."

I think if theres no issues with these two layering i'll have myself my go to combo! :xyxthumbs:

svs
09-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the info JSFM35x, I think I'll do a side by side on the hood of my black f150. I'll be curious to see how this plays out?