PDA

View Full Version : What Detailing Products Have You "Settled" On??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Rob T
09-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Being in this hobby, it is fun to try new things. But at the same time, on the rare occasion that I try a product that is so good that I can't ask for any improvement in any area, I leave well enough alone and continue using that product.

So, what detailing products have you "settled" on, where you don't feel the need to try something different/new?

I'm asking with regard to all detailing products, including pads, polish, compound, tire dressing, wheel cleaner, wax, sealant, glass cleaner, leather treatment, carpet cleaner etc.

As I said, my list remains pretty short, but here it is:

Wheel Cleaner: P21S (Gel) -

I have been using this stuff for about 13 years now. It is amazing how well it works at cleaning wheels considering how safe it is for even the most delicate wheels.

Dash Protectant: Finish Kare's Top Kote

This is really a great product for this purpose! Provides excellent protection, does not look greasy, and it truly does reduce the amount of dust on my dash compared with any other product that I have used. No need for me to try anything else.

Glass Cleaner: Meguiar's D120 (Detailer's line)

I love this stuff! Works very well without streaking, and I love the smell (grapes)! Works better than Windex, or even a QD such as FK425.

Car Wash: Optimum No Rinse

This is one of my favorite detailing products of all time. I love the fact that I can wash my car in the garage year round. It gets very hot here in the summer, and I don't have to worry about getting water spots. ONR works very well at removing dirt without marring, and it leaves the paint looking excellent. The new formula seems to give even a tad more gloss than the original formula. I still might use 1Z's Perls for a regular wash with hose if I feel the car is especially dirty, but ONR really is my go to wash.

Still haven't found a tire dressing that I am completely satisfied with. Just used Optimum's Opti-Bond but I don't know if I care for the looks too much. This is one detailing product that I would like to get nailed down, but so far no luck.

So, what detailing products have you "settled on", to the point that you are completely satisfied and do not feel the need to try something new/different?

trhland
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
i use optimum tire shine the origanal.its the best. 2 coats ...

ScottB
09-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Theres certain products I feel I must always have available, but still like to experiment.

P21S Wheel Cleaner
Amazing Rolloff
Pinnacle Souveran Paste
3M Wax / Adhesive Remover
Stoners Invisible Glass
Fk425
Optimum No Rinse
Einszett Cockpit Premium

trhland
09-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Theres certain products I feel I must always have available, but still like to experiment.

P21S Wheel Cleaner
Amazing Rolloff
Pinnacle Souveran Paste
Stoners Invisible Glass
Fk425
Optimum No Rinse
Einszett Cockpit Premium

everything in this list is great :xyxthumbs:

Mindflux
09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
So, what detailing products have you "settled" on, where you don't feel the need to try something different/new?

This is impossible for me to do. Even though I thoroughly enjoy and use specific products with regularity (Such as Z2, Z6, Z7 and Z8) I find myself trying other sealants, QD's, car wash soaps and 'booster' products (in this example).

Being continually on the hunt for something MORE impressive certainly has an impact on my pocket book, but I'd hate to let some product pass by that I find to be better than my current "favorite" and never even know it.

Sometimes I find being content with what I have makes detailing become boring (hence why I sometimes take long hiatus' from the forums) in conjunction with the fact the forums seem to get me to spend more money when people talk about products with specific properties I look for in a product and then of course find a way to buy way too much of it. (eg, gallons of car wash soap)

WRAPT C5Z06
09-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Car Wash: Duragloss 901
Interior Protectant: Mothers
Glass Cleaner: Meguiars D120
Tires: Optimum Tire Shine
APC: Optimum Power Clean(wheels, tires, wheel wells, interior plastic, engine, paint)
Spray Wax: Duragloss Aquawax
Quick Detailer: Meguiars M34
Compund: Meugiars UC and M105
Medium Polish: Wolfgang TSR
Final polish: Wolfgang finishing glaze and Menzerna 85rd
Leather Cleaner: Wolfgang
Leather Conditioner: Prima Nourish
Chrome: Mothers
Carpet/spot cleaner: protect carpet and upholstery cleaner
Liquid Sealant: ??????? not sure yet
Paste wax: don't use

CEE DOG
09-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Ahhhh, this could get complex so I'll keep it simple so I can get to bed.

ONR for Clay lube
ONR (A dash of it in my wash water)

Everything else I have a preference but still flip and flop here and there

Chriswashwax
09-09-2010, 11:22 PM
I like pinnacle for big jobs but since i wax everyweek, i like optimum. It replaces mcguiar. Though for the clients that pay for the cheap job, i pass all the waxes i try. I have to admit, the lst 3-4 orders have been buying stuff i do not need:-) but i love detailling!

kronos
09-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Heavy correction: M105

Clay lube and drying aid: ONR

Leather: Leatherique Pristine Clean

One-stepper: PB PwS

All Purpose Cleaner: Megs APC

Chriswashwax
09-10-2010, 01:03 AM
yeah, m105 is an industry standard, i own it too

bodavenport
09-10-2010, 09:37 AM
For polishes I really like the Megs UC
Opt. Seal topped with Opt. Spray Wax on my Wife's Torch Red Mustang, Best Combo that I used.
I like to Top Optiseal with Souvern on my Black GT

kkreit01
09-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I will always have the following on hand:

Surf City Dash Away (cleans way better than 303, no shine what-so-ever, smells great, protects).
DG AquaWax

For other products, I'm always open to trying new.

ryanbabz71
09-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Car Wash: Poorboys and DP
Interior Protectant: Poorboys Leatherstuff
Glass Cleaner: Stoners and DP
Tires: Stoners
Wheels: Poorboys and DP
Polish/Sealant: DP Poli and Poorboys products
Chrome: Never Dull
Paste wax: Poorboys Natty's

MDRX8
09-10-2010, 10:31 AM
PO85RD Polish
Rmg Glaze
Vintage Wax
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond sealant

But I always try other stuff. My garage is packed full of products!!!!!!

sullysdetailing
09-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Product I always use
P21S Wheel Cleaner or DP Gel Wheel Cleaner
Pinnacle Souveran Paste
Wolfgang Fuzion
Sully's Detailing Liquid Wax ;)
DP Carpet/Upholstry Cleaner
DP Interior Protectant
303 Fabric Guard
Meguiars Glass Cleaner (Detail Line)