PDA

View Full Version : Newest member of the Orbit club.

JCturboT
09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
I wanted to pick up a polisher and had been eyeing some Dual Action machines for myself.

I would only be detailing my own cars ,nothing professional, so I didn't want to spend the big $$ on a Flex (which I understand is outstanding). I tried an e-bay auction on a demo Flex but that got over $200+ quickly so I turned my attention elsewhere.
I looked at the Meguiars as well as the Griots-which I almost pulled the trigger on several times, but something kept me going back to the Cyclo. I spend weeks reading up all I could find across several Forums about the Cyclo and knew the pluses as well as the minuses about this unique machine.

I know... it was only one speed, hard to get into tight spots, old technology, and looks like my Kirby vacuum cleaner mated with an old tube amp (which I also love) but I couldn't help myself-I had to have one!

I set out the search for a used model like Accumulator had mention in several of his posts as these things are known to be bulletproof. I tried e-bay, but the used price started about half of the going rate of a new model and several were well within the price of a new one. Some were very beat too.

I happened to check the local Craigslist listings this past Sunday and a Cyclo was just listed.
I called and talked to a woman who said her Husband had purchased it brand new for $300.00 three years ago. He tried his hand at auto detailing and got out of it and the polisher was just sitting around her house collecting dust for the last two years. If I wanted it was mine for $50.00!

Needless to say I immediately went and picked it up. After a little Blue Magic metal polish it shines like new.
I ordered up some pads (orange/green/white) as well as some Aqua interior brushes which will come in handy as my Wife runs a Daycare out of our Home and the kiddies are always making a mess of our carpets/furniture.

A lot of the posts I have read are a couple years old but I wanted to see what other Cyclo owners are using for compound/polish/wax these days and are having good luck with. I know the deal with Klasse AIO and the Cyclo which is too bad, as this is one of my favorite cleaners so I am open to suggestions.

I keep reading good things about Optimum Poli-Seal as well as the Gloss-it product line as it stays wet to allow the Cyclo to "do it's thing" longer.
Any and all comments are welcomed.
Jeff

CEE DOG
09-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Congrats, Looks like a well made machine! You got the deal of the day on that one:xyxthumbs:

Btw: :welcome:

Mike Phillips
09-08-2010, 09:41 AM
First...

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

I know... it was only one speed, hard to get into tight spots, old technology, and looks like my Kirby vacuum cleaner mated with an old tube amp (which I also love) but I couldn't help myself-I had to have one!

Great description... I often refer to it as the Buck Rogers Buffer.

I happened to check the local Craigslist listings this past Sunday and a Cyclo was just listed.
I called and talked to a woman who said her Husband had purchased it brand new for $300.00 three years ago. He tried his hand at auto detailing and got out of it and the polisher was just sitting around her house collecting dust for the last two years. If I wanted it was mine for $50.00!

Good things come to those who search CraigsList... :xyxthumbs:

A lot of the posts I have read are a couple years old but I wanted to see what other Cyclo owners are using for compound/polish/wax these days and are having good luck with. I know the deal with Klasse AIO and the Cyclo which is too bad, as this is one of my favorite cleaners so I am open to suggestions.

I used it with the Wolfgang Twins here and it worked flawlessly to remove the swirls out of the basecoat/clearcoat finish on this Mustang.

How to use the Cyclo Polisher to Remove Swirls, Water Spots and Scratches

Part 1 - How to use the Cyclo Polisher to Remove Swirls
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8wFzV0KpQ]YouTube - Part 1 - How to use the Cyclo Polisher to remove swirls, water spots and scratches[/video]

Part 2 - How to use the Cyclo Polisher to Remove Swirls
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8mNBBhsC5s]YouTube - Part 2 - How to use the Cyclo Polisher to remove swirls, water spots and scratches[/video]

Visit Autogeek's YouTube Channel for more YouTube Videos (http://www.youtube.com/autogeek)

:)

ryanbabz71
09-08-2010, 06:40 PM
great score! I ended up buying the kit from autogeek this past spring and I am happy paying what I did it works well!

JCturboT
09-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Jeff

JCturboT
09-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Mike,
Thanks for the videos.

I might have to place an order for the Wolfgang Twins on my next purchase from Autogeek.

Jeff

RTexasF
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I use it almost exclusively with the Menzerna polishes and it has always done an outstanding job. I do credit the polishes for a portion of that of course. On high humidity days when Menzerna can become a bit finicky a squirt of the original Optimum Polish on the pad extends working time greatly.

JCturboT
10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I use it almost exclusively with the Menzerna polishes and it has always done an outstanding job. I do credit the polishes for a portion of that of course. On high humidity days when Menzerna can become a bit finicky a squirt of the original Optimum Polish on the pad extends working time greatly.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000]RTexasF,

I have not tried out many compounds/polishes with the Cyclo yet but have tried these two-

Menzerna Power Gloss S34A & Meguiars Ultimate Compound.

Of the two I greatly prefer the Meguiars due to it's much longer working time and also less dusting.

I used the UC with a Orange Cyclo pad and finished off with a Green Cyclo pad and was very pleased with the results.

Noticed in past posts that you had recently ordered a Griots Garage polisher...would like to hear your thoughts between the two models, especially in paint correction.

Jeff

J Z06
10-18-2010, 02:27 PM
I love my cyclo! I have for the past 20 years. It always runs and always does an incredible job!! You'll be quite content for many years to come.:xyxthumbs: