PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Meg's APC - UPS fail

Pages : [1] 2

LegacyGT
09-07-2010, 06:25 PM
UPS delivered my shipment upside down, and it sat on a wood floor where a bit of it slowly leaked out and dried to the floor.

I need some help on how to remove the residue and get it up. The floor is laminated, so I hope none of it actually soaked into the wood. Currently soaking with damp rags, but wanted to know if some solvent would help out.

Finemess
09-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I think plain water would be best.

proudpoppa
09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
could be wrong but i would think that a clean water rinse is about all you can do in this situation. maybe give megs a call and see what they recommend.

proudpoppa
09-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I think plain water would be best.

just beat me to it.

jlb85
09-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Yes, water, lots of it! If you can, wipe up as much of the excess as possible prior to washing. Then, although the floor is laminated, keep the water on the surface for a little time as possible.

Maybe have the shop vac in one hand sucking up water from a spray bottle filled with warm water in the other hand, and spray crazy.

Good luck!

Chris Thomas
09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Steam

TLMitchell
09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
UPS delivered my shipment upside down.....

And this is a surprise? I had a delivery with a gallon of M34 in it a few weeks ago with HUGE red arrows on two sides and THIS SIDE UP in red on top. Yep, upside down with product seeping out on my wood deck. Called UPS Customer Service with the pertinent info and it appeared something might be done. Local Center manager called with apologies but this doesn't clean my deck or replace lost product. I was informed that any reparations would go to the shipper. Huh?

I also mentioned to the Center Manager about the normal driver tearing up my 500 ft gravel driveway everytime he makes a delivery at 40 mph and spins the tires starting and stopping. She said she'd talk to him. A week later, same thing. :doh:

:nomore: I now request USPS Priority Mail shipping or FedEx Ground where available. If UPS is the only choice I do business elsewhere. It's usually 5 or 6 days to get a UPS delivery from AG. Priority Mail gets to Ohio in two.

TL

LegacyGT
09-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll post back with an update.

toxygene
09-08-2010, 05:08 AM
Sorry to hear this happened to you. If you have not already done so, definitely call UPS to file a complaint. I hope everything works out.

I could go on for hours about problems with UPS in my area. Most recently, when I ordered my PC from Autogeek, the box was absolutely crushed. It looked like someone had dropped it down a flight of stairs 10 times. Thankfully the PC itself was fine and has been working. Still, there is an obvious lack of respect for the packages they deliver.

:nomore: I now request USPS Priority Mail shipping or FedEx Ground where available. If UPS is the only choice I do business elsewhere. It's usually 5 or 6 days to get a UPS delivery from AG. Priority Mail gets to Ohio in two.

Are USPS and FedEx Ground options with AG? I guess I never realized that. Do you just request it in the comments when you place the order?

LegacyGT
09-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Well, ends up it destroyed the floor, it ate straight through the lamination and top layer of wood. I guess APC+ is strong stuff.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/1003495558_27yPq-L-1.jpg

Fly bye
09-11-2010, 05:11 PM
So, the floor is veneer?

TLMitchell
09-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Are USPS and FedEx Ground options with AG? I guess I never realized that. Do you just request it in the comments when you place the order?

Just USPS AFAIK. I enter the request in the comments box along with the request for packing paper in lieu of packing peanuts. Most times it takes 2 or 3 days to receive a shipping notification when UPS shipments frequently go out the same day I order. Such is life with special requests. :dunno:

TL

LegacyGT
09-11-2010, 09:31 PM
So, the floor is veneer?

No, it's real hardwood, or was at least.

Fly bye
09-12-2010, 01:53 AM
No, it's real hardwood, or was at least.

through the lamination and top layer of wood.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/smilies/scratchhead.gif

LegacyGT
09-12-2010, 03:22 PM
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/smilies/scratchhead.gif

Frick, sorry this is so confusing. The floor is real hardwood, it was laminated with the same stuff that they put on basketball courts as a method of preservation. Anyway the APC went through the protective laminate coating, and about 2 mil of the wood, IE there is a big chunk missing.