PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

jdouglas
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Ok so I purchased a White 06 Acura RSX type S about 4 months ago. When I purchased the car it already had swirls and a few paint chips on the front bumper. Since I bought it I have washed and waxed it about every 2 weeks. Now that it is cooling off I am wanting to get the paint job looking the best I possibly can. I am new to car detailing since this is the first car that I actually care about how it looks. My prior cars were all junkers.

Where to start I am currently using a pile of waxes, and soaps I have purchased from autozone. I dont currently have the money to jump in and purchase a PC, and all of the pads and products required to do a full detail, paint correction at the moment.

I am wanting to repair the paint chips, What would be the best method to repair these and to prevent them from happening?

Also are there any methods for a beginner to remove the swirl marks without purchasing a PC? I dont want to damage the paint in any way.

I have been reading on methods to do paint correction but everymethod I have found here requires a ton of products / tools.

So where should I start?

If this is posted in the wrong section please move to correct location.
(please dont bash I have been browsing these forums for a while now)

ICEMAN
09-07-2010, 01:34 PM
we cant help without pics!!! haha

i love RSX type-S!!!!!

jdouglas
09-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I will get pics of the damage and car up when I get a chance.

Since the car is a white pearl are there any particular polishes, sealants, or waxes that I should look into?

Also a great thing to add to this forum would be a begineers guide, With just a few things about starting off etc. the many steps of laying out sealants, and waxes, Great begineers products.