PDA

View Full Version : DP Poli-Coat: Is it an AIO?

The Critic
09-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Someone mentioned that since DP Poli-Coat Sealant contains cleaners, it is more of an AIO than a pure sealant as during the application process, it will clean away any other protection on the surface.

Therefore, if that is true, should I use a LC white pad on my Flex to apply it, as opposed to a black finishing pad?

Also, I accidentally destroyed my coat of Collinite 915, but I have actually been quite happy with the protection and durability of that product. I have two bottles of Poli-coat; should I use that or use Collinite 915 again for the fall/winter? Most products last between 6-8 weeks for me.

Thanks.

Mike Phillips
09-07-2010, 12:24 PM
It has a bonding agent,

I've rubbed it on my truck's single stage paint and found it doesn't remove pigment, so it's not cleaning...

It should be applied to a finish in excellent condition. If the paint you're working on is neglected, use a dedicated polish or paint cleaner or compound first to restore the paint.

:)

ScottB
09-07-2010, 05:45 PM
as Mike offered, no real cleaning ability.

sohail99
09-07-2010, 10:20 PM
No cleaning ability = layerable I guess!

I was wondering if I could layer DP poli-coat like 4-5 times before before a beauty wax or collinite 845!?

DARK HORSE
09-07-2010, 11:33 PM
No cleaning ability = layerable I guess!

I was wondering if I could layer DP poli-coat like 4-5 times before before a beauty wax or collinite 845!?

No need to layer it more than 2 layers deep. After that it does no good, if anything it may actually diminish the desired results...