PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mike....Give Us A Detailed Video On M105.

Pages : [1] 2

Rez90
09-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Being that many of us are novice detailers and there are many many questions on how long to work polish i was wondering if you could do a video of you using M105 so many of us with questions can see it being used hands on.

I've heard many things about the product and have used it but truthfully i'm not sure how good of a job i'm doing with it. I find it to flash very fast but from the feedback i've gotten apparently i'm still not working it in long enough...etc.

I've also been told to spray water to extend the work time.

Regardless. I was wondering if you could make a short how to video specifically for DA use with 105. I'm sure it would help answer many of the lingering questions out there for us novice detailers as it's probably the heaviest compound most of us will choose to use.

If not.....no worries. But if this could happen i and i'm sure other members would greatly appreciate it. :xyxthumbs:

Y2KSVT
09-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Perfect timing! I'll be polishing my car for the first time this weekend with M105/205 and a PCXP. After hearing people question the working time on the M105, I wouldn't mind seeing it first hand before I start asking the same questions.

Mark

sohail99
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Same here! I'll be getting my polishes and pads soon!

Have heard a lot about M105 and its cutting power(ability to remove 1200 grit sanding scratches is impressive)

Would really love to see it in action before trying it myself!

proudpoppa
09-08-2010, 03:23 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s51LHJrXAK4]YouTube - DA polishing-KB Method[/video]

i know its not mike phillips, but it has been said that this guy knows what he's doing too.

Marc08EX
09-09-2010, 01:29 AM
^^ Is he using M105? Doesn't seem like it because the polish he's using is being worked for a very long time.

proudpoppa
09-09-2010, 05:24 AM
according to tthe description he says its 105. i would tell ya to look him up on autopia, but that place is a mess right now. search youtube for meguiars 105 and it was the second video for me.

Meghan
09-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Maybe Mike can get us a small video with 105/205 combo, we will just have to ask nicely!

kronos
09-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Maybe Mike can get us a small video with 105/205 combo, we will just have to ask nicely!

:iagree: :buffing: Please do. :dblthumb2:

Rez90
09-09-2010, 09:20 AM

was i not nice? :-(

nirmaljusdoit
09-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Dear Mike - Help !

Feed back please

My order of the Flex & the Megs combo (105 + 205) is on its way, a video or some inputs from you would be really helpfull to all of us !

Please please please !

Bunky
09-10-2010, 05:06 PM
^^ Is he using M105? Doesn't seem like it because the polish he's using is being worked for a very long time.

M105 has a fairly short work time. I never got more than 3 or so passes. If it dry, then you start marring the paint. I have seen posts on tricks to extend the work time such as adding another polish so you continue to have some lubricity.

Bunky
09-10-2010, 05:06 PM

M105 has a fairly short work time. I never got more than 3 or so passes. If it dries, then you start marring the paint. I have seen posts on tricks to extend the work time such as adding another polish so you continue to have some lubricity.

I did work slower than the video.

Marc08EX
09-12-2010, 12:32 AM
M105 has a fairly short work time. I never got more than 3 or so passes. If it dries, then you start marring the paint. I have seen posts on tricks to extend the work time such as adding another polish so you continue to have some lubricity.

I did work slower than the video.

I never get more than 2 passes myself but he got numerous passes on the paint especially on the top portion of his working area. I don't know how he was able to do this.

What I don't like about his method is that he has a fast arm speed and very large working area. Despite these problems, the results were still amazing.

C. Charles Hahn
09-12-2010, 01:50 AM
- DA polishing-KB Method ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s51LHJrXAK4)

i know its not mike phillips, but it has been said that this guy knows what he's doing too.

That would be scottwax.... and yeah, he knows his stuff.

sohail99
09-12-2010, 02:37 AM
I think the KB method might prevent premature flashing of M105!!
As the pad is soaked with polish so the polish inside the pad keeps lubricating that on the panel. (just what I inferred from the video!)

Anyone else tried M105 with KB method?