PDA

View Full Version : gold class over nxt 2.0?

jamboudreaux
09-06-2010, 07:19 PM
would it be wise or beneficial to use meg's gold class wax as a second coat over nxt 2.0? i'm looking for maximum depth and durability. color is royal red...2010 ford f150 xlt. can you point me in the right direction or make a more intelligent decision? Feed back please

BillyJack
09-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I just did a test over the weekend on the hood of one of my cars for the same purpose. I did the whole panel with NXT, then taped it off in 4 sections. Second coat was my 3 favorite LSP's, Meguiar's #26, Griot's Best of Show & Collinite 845. Last section was another coat of NXT. I looked at it indoors and outdoors, under artificial light, bright sun and an overcast sky, and couldn't tell a damn bit of difference in sections. Considering its ease of use and durability, 2 coats of NXT will be my go-to LSP on that car from now on. Gold Class is a great product, but the only way to be sure is to do a 50/50 and see for yourself on your car with your eyes. As the man says, your mileage may vary.

Bill

jamboudreaux
09-07-2010, 04:40 AM
thank you very much BillyJack!! This is an incredible experience

Mike Phillips
09-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Testing like that on your own car, the one that's going to get all of the attention is usually the best way to find out which wax is best for you... especially when topping...

The only way to know how one product topped with a different product is going to look is to test with some controls in place.

Then once you find a combo that works best for you and your car's paint and then...

"Find something you like and use it often" (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/24310-find-something-you-like-use-often.html)

:xyxthumbs: