PDA

View Full Version : Killing Time

kvnkst
09-05-2010, 08:51 PM
While I wait on my new shipment I decided to hit the wheels. This is seven years of brake dust and road gunk. It really didn't take too long.
I hate to say it but I didn't have any wheel cleaner so I went over to Meijer and picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax Rim Clean Foaming Wheel Cleaner and it worked great! Being that the gunk has been on there so long, I was amazed how little effort it took to get them clean. I guess the best thing that i noticed was that the DP Gloss Tire Gel stayed on the tires. I figured that the over spray from the wheel cleaner would surely take off the shine. In fact two thin coats have lasted three washes! Great stuff!

Bonifax
09-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Well you sure did a great job man!

Now you inspired me to clean mine too

kvnkst
09-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Thx! Hahaha get to it! and I want to see pics!
I wish they would of never put those darn wheel weights on the outside of the rim, it really had a bad reaction between the two different metals. Nothing I can do I guess other than looking the other way, but that's hard to do!

ScottB
09-06-2010, 07:01 AM
The Daytona Wheel Brushes make barrel cleaning much easier, and often no need to remove entire wheel. Coat the barrels with something like DP Wheel Glaze or Klasse AIO to protect as desired when you do take them off.

kvnkst
09-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Daytona Wheel Brushe is in route. Should be here tomorrow.

Mike Phillips
09-06-2010, 08:36 AM
The insides of your wheels are clean enough to eat off of...

:dblthumb2:

kvnkst
09-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks Mike! Taking them off gave me a chance to take care of any rust that was forming in the wheel wells also. Winter is coming and it needed done.

vet
09-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Thx! Hahaha get to it! and I want to see pics!
I wish they would of never put those darn wheel weights on the outside of the rim, it really had a bad reaction between the two different metals. Nothing I can do I guess other than looking the other way, but that's hard to do!
:iagree:I actually found a place that will put weights only on the inside if requested. :dblthumb2:The chrome wheels on my wife's Pacifica started to rust because of weights, but Chrysler replaced them under warranty. The dealer had to mount the tires on the new rims, and scarred the new ones up also. The factory wheels on my F-150 are chewed up from weights too. Makes ya sick to look at them.