PDA

View Full Version : EX-P vs. Klasse SG

bejor77
11-20-2006, 07:54 PM
On December, being in a tropical country, and the temperatures soften a bit, I decided its't time to detail my black Corolla, since the first time I used 3M Swirl marks remover for dark paints and... well you guessed it: After 6 months the old swirls joined the new ones as the fillers went away :mad:

As I can't wash my car as often as I wish, I was deciding what's best for sort of high temps but have longest durability after polishing and jeweling the black paint. I have Klasse SG and EX-P. For topping it, as I'm looking for the best durability (and of course, a bit of good look) I have #845.

What would you chose for sealing the paint in high temps: SG or EX-P?

ScottB
11-20-2006, 07:56 PM
SG will protect longer, EXP will looker slightly better. Use both, 12 hours apart ...

bejor77
11-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks killrwheels, thought I couldn't use both together. I hope to have a complete picture report of it.

Excessive Detail
11-20-2006, 09:40 PM
SG will protect longer, EXP will looker slightly better. Use both, 12 hours apart ...

Can't you dillut klasse and use it in a spray, if so what dillution and which one aio or sg.
I know this was posted recently I just can't find it. Thanks

bluzman
11-20-2006, 09:58 PM
You can dilute the SG and use it as a booster. The ratio is usually 3-1 or 4-1. I dont think it makes that much of a difference.

bejor77
11-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Dilute it in a QD or with Destiled water?

ryandamartini
11-21-2006, 11:41 AM
On December, being in a tropical country, and the temperatures soften a bit, I decided its't time to detail my black Corolla, since the first time I used 3M Swirl marks remover for dark paints and... well you guessed it: After 6 months the old swirls joined the new ones as the fillers went away :mad:

As I can't wash my car as often as I wish, I was deciding what's best for sort of high temps but have longest durability after polishing and jeweling the black paint. I have Klasse SG and EX-P. For topping it, as I'm looking for the best durability (and of course, a bit of good look) I have #845.

What would you chose for sealing the paint in high temps: SG or EX-P?

After making it pretty, if you want max durability, the Klasse twins will last forever!

Klasse AIO + Klasse SG. You can also top with a carnuba wax if you want some looks.

-Ryan

bluzman
11-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Dilute it in a QD or with Destiled water?

Use water.

ScottB
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
using distilled water and SG you can make a qd'er of a sort. Adding AIO to water can make a car wash (with no bubbles). But I find both work best together. AIO ... then SG using a small travel hairspray bottle to spritz and WOWO immediately. Six months of protection.

Whitethunder46
11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Anyone have an idea of the longevity of EX-P by itself with no topper and a single coat?

emaxxman
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
2-3 months is what I have heard. I just put 2 coats on my minivan. I'm hoping it will last most of winter.

supercharged
11-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Depending on a climate, how often you wash your car, and if you use QD, if vehicle is garaged - EX-P will last 8-12 weeks.