PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars last touch. 1:1?

svs
09-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Hello All!
Long time follower, first time poster. It's nice to find a place like this that has it all, top quality detail products with top quality service. Not to mention the awesome forums here as well:xyxthumbs:

I had a question about "Meguiars last touch detailer", for those of you that are using this product or have used it, have you tried it at a 1:1 ratio as a detailer? It's already a great deal but if I could get by using this at a 1:1 ratio for normal quick detailing with no marring or anything, I would be really stoked!

Thank's in advance guys!

JonMiles
09-03-2010, 11:43 PM
The last touch 1:1 works well for light quick detailing, but it only offers limited lubricity compared to full strength. I personally use ONR for quick detailing and save the last touch @1:1 for a quick wipe down after finishing a full detail. It seems to work well on windows too.

svs
09-03-2010, 11:51 PM
The last touch 1:1 works well for light quick detailing, but it only offers limited lubricity compared to full strength. I personally use ONR for quick detailing and save the last touch @1:1 for a quick wipe down after finishing a full detail. It seems to work well on windows too.

Thank's Jon, at what ratio are you using onr for a quick detailer? I've read 6:1 and also 8:1. I have some on order so im not sure at what ratio I want to mix it at yet?

JonMiles
09-04-2010, 12:00 AM
I normally just mix it 16:1 which comes out being 8 ounces per gallon in an old distilled water jug. It is easy to transfer it to a sprayer from there. If you have any higher ONR content it becomes hard to remove completely.

btw always mix onr and last touch with distilled water, it makes the solution slicker

Erik Mejia
09-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Last Touch works great RTU, or 1:1 as a QD (in my experience.)

Although it's recommended at RTU for QD'ing by Meg's, I've never had issues when using it at 1:1 for this purpose. 2:1 (Water to LT) also works great as a QD.

Play around with these dilutions, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Hello All!
Long time follower, first time poster. It's nice to find a place like this that has it all, top quality detail products with top quality service. Not to mention the awesome forums here as well :xyxthumbs:

A good forum compliments everything else we do here...

:)