PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New Member here

JSFM35x
09-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I joined today after lurking for a while. My name is Jeff and I am looking forward to being an active mamber over here. My goal is to be able to maintain my own vehicles and keep my black DD looking as swirl free as possible.

I tend to try alot of different products looking for tghe product that will make up for my lack of expertise. Nothing yet. At this point I can't say I am partial to any one brand. I have used alot of good products, and some bad ones as well. I have come to the conclusion that the Prep, know how (process) and skill of the operator (with the right tools) is 97.5% and the products are the othe 2.5%. I have been to some detail weekends at Poorboys and they were very helpful and great hosts and guys. Here I learned that the know how is more important than the product. They got results on my car with the same products that I could not. Different pads, pressure and work time all factor in to the end result. Nothing beats hands on training for detailing. I have made great leaps thanks to them but am still short of my goal.

I own so amny products/machines and pads that I am emparassed that I can't get my car looking like I want. I hacve been at this for 2 years as a student and hope to comtunue my education here.
That my story and i look forward to learning and contributing here at AGO.

Setec Astronomy
09-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey man, glad to see you over here!

Mike Phillips
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
That my story and i look forward to learning and contributing here at AGO.

And it's a darn good story...

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

:welcome:

Shane731
09-02-2010, 11:58 PM
:welcome: to AGO!

tuscarora dave
09-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Welcome to AGO Jeff!!:welcome:

JSFM35x
09-03-2010, 05:59 AM
How about a remote show car garage?

I am thinking LI, NY? I will offer up my car as bait for the full correction. You can talk me through the whole process and prove that you can teach this 43 yr old dog a new trick? I bet I have so much stuff in my garage you won't have to bring more than the camera and crew?

I bet you could make alot of progress helping people with just enough knowledge to be damgerous how to take it to the next level?

Just let me know. I really enjoy your video tutorials and find them informative and very well done. I wish your show car garage was closer to NY.

And it's a darn good story...

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

:welcome:

BobbyG
09-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Hey Jeff,

:welcome: Aboard!

Glad you found Autogeek and becoming a part of our community. Autogeek is a friendly place to hang out, learn, teach, and contribute at your own pace. The Autogeek staff and the members of this forum are some of the finest I've had the pleasure of knowing.

Grab a coffee and jump right in. :xyxthumbs: