PDA

View Full Version : Water damaged leather seats (Audi)

r1racer
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
What's up fellas,

I left my sunroof open a couple months ago and it rained all over my leather seats. Needless to say, they dried up really bad in the heat and now are harder in some areas than others and are discolored. I used 3 applications of leatherique cleaner/rejuvenator and it helped somewhat but they are far from normal. Any solutions or do they need to be replaced?

A4 1.8tqm
09-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I was going to recommend Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil...

Can you post some pics? How long did you let rejuv. oil sit? Did warm up the interior/leave the car in the sun, for the "steam room" effect so the oil can really do its thing?

r1racer
09-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I was going to recommend Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil...

Can you post some pics? How long did you let rejuv. oil sit? Did warm up the interior/leave the car in the sun, for the "steam room" effect so the oil can really do its thing?

I'll take some pics tomorrow. I put three coats on and let each one sot on the seats for 48 hours (windows rolled up). Maybe I need to apply another 3 coats and see what happens...

ScottB
09-03-2010, 04:47 AM
I too was going to suggest Leatherique and you must follow the directions exactly, its messy and hot factor seems to indeed help progress the product.

r1racer
09-26-2010, 05:10 PM
I too was going to suggest Leatherique and you must follow the directions exactly, its messy and hot factor seems to indeed help progress the product.

Took me forever to get around to taking the pics but here they are:

I have put three application on that have set for 48 hours each in summer heat. I have followed the direction to the T. It did soften uo the seats but they are still noticebaly damaged. It worked the best along the seams. Any other alternatives to fixing the seats? Thanks.