PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna USA???

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
09-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Powerlock states Menz USA on the bottle, while none of the Menzerna polishes do. What's the difference?

Mindflux
09-02-2010, 11:13 AM
The polishes are developed/made in Germany.

The USA based products (FMJ/PowerLock) are creations of Jeff Silver (CEO of Menz USA) and his 'team' in conjunction with whichever blender he's using. IMHO they aren't up to the 'high standards' one might expect from Menz out of Germany. It's just using a "good" name to push out another product.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-02-2010, 11:18 AM
The polishes are developed/made in Germany.

The USA based products (FMJ/PowerLock) are creations of Jeff Silver (CEO of Menz USA) and his 'team' in conjunction with whichever blender he's using. IMHO they aren't up to the 'high standards' one might expect from Menz out of Germany. It's just using a "good" name to push out another product.
Thanks.

Interesting that Menzerna USA is a completely different company than Menzerna Germany. You would think they might be linked somehow, but, nope. Crazy!

Mindflux
09-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks.

Interesting that Menzerna USA is a completely different company than Menzerna Germany. You would think they might be linked somehow, but, nope. Crazy!

Name licensing isn't as infrequent as one might think.

Matt S.
09-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks.

They are linked...Menzerna USA imports and distributes products from Menzerna of Germany. Just like Toyota of North America and Toyota of Japan. Some products may or may not be available in certain markets, but that does not mean said products will be inferior to others. Power Lock has gotten lots of great feedback and is a solid product that fits a Menzerna lineup that was lacking a good, durable sealant. Just my .02.

Mike Phillips
09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I've used the Menzerna Power Lock a couple times on my truck and actually think it's a pretty nice paint sealant.

You have to get used to the green color but after that...

:)

WRAPT C5Z06
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
They are linked...Menzerna USA imports and distributes products from Menzerna of Germany. Just like Toyota of North America and Toyota of Japan. Some products may or may not be available in certain markets, but that does not mean said products will be inferior to others. Power Lock has gotten lots of great feedback and is a solid product that fits a Menzerna lineup that was lacking a good, durable sealant. Just my .02.
Are they linked as far as development? Point being, was powerlock developed by menzerna Germany? I'm in no way, shape, or form saying powerlock is a bad product, I'm more curious who developed it....

Matt S.
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I have no idea who developed it or where it was formulated. But you would think that if it was an inferior product in any way, Menzerna wouldn't want their name on it.

I think we're over-thinking things here guys. Look at the big picture...it's just car wax...seriously. :)

Mindflux
09-02-2010, 01:28 PM
But you would think that if it was an inferior product in any way, Menzerna wouldn't want their name on it.

FMJ much?

:nomore:

daveinsweethome
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
i like two thing about fmj. ease of application and slickness. my only problem was the durability. there was none. have moved on to rejex for my go to sealant

WRAPT C5Z06
09-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I think we're over-thinking things here guys.
I don't think so. :) I'd just like a clear cut answer why Menzerna Powerlock had to throw in the *USA* on their label. That's all. :xyxthumbs: When Toyota imports their cars, you don't see a Toyota of Japan stamped on the car, or Toyota of North America. ;) It's just "Toyota".

Mike Phillips
09-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd just like a clear cut answer why Menzerna Powerlock had to throw in the *USA* on their label. That's all. :xyxthumbs:

How did Menzerna USA answer you after you contacted them with your question?

Also, for anyone reading this... Power Lock is two words...

:props:

Grizzly
09-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Uh oh.

Bunky
09-02-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't think so. :) I'd just like a clear cut answer why Menzerna Powerlock had to throw in the *USA* on their label. That's all. :xyxthumbs: When Toyota imports their cars, you don't see a Toyota of Japan stamped on the car, or Toyota of North America. ;) It's just "Toyota".

If you buy a Toyota here in the US, it is sold to you by Toyota of America. On the mfg label, some say Made in Japan, some say Made in USA. Toyota USA also sells many accessories and products not made in Japan.

Do you want some "German engineering"?

ScottB
09-02-2010, 07:00 PM
FMJ much?

:nomore:

FMJ and several other products (wheel cleaner, acrylic spray) were designed by a competitor and Menzerna USA licensed their name and use. I believe Menzerna USA is now moving to make/design their own products and Powerlock is rather nice no matter who's name is on it. Different markets may have different ideas on how to compete .

So far their polishes are some of the best and Powerlock seems to be adding to Menzerna's reputation. I cannot wait to see more to enhance line further ...