PDA

View Full Version : Can't clean my pipes

jkk7479
09-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey Guys! I have a bit of a problem. As some of you might know, I drive a 2010 Nissan Maxima. It has Chrome tailpipes that really need to be cleaned. The only problem is, I am having a hard time getting to them because they are so recessed and are right under the rear bumper. I can pretty much get to the sides of the pipes with a little bit of work, but the upper part of the pipe just under the bumper is damn near impossible. I also want to polish these with Meguiars chrome polish. Anyone know of a good tool to do this? I really don't feel like taking the pipes off to clean them. Also a good recommendation on what to use to clean the tailpipes would be great. I was just thinking a regular wash solution, but didn't know if there was anything better.

Thanks,

:confused:

Midnight1700
09-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Strips of cloth dipped in your favorite metal polish works great. Slip the cloth over the end and as you work the cloth back and forth, slide it up and down the pipe as you go. This process works great and saves your hands from getting all beat up. Good Luck!

CEE DOG
09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey Guys! I have a bit of a problem.

I'm sorry for your troubles... :laughing:

DARK HORSE
09-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Strips of cloth dipped in your favorite metal polish works great. Slip the cloth over the end and as you work the cloth back and forth, slide it up and down the pipe as you go. This process works great and saves your hands from getting all beat up. Good Luck!

:iagree::whs:!

jkk7479
09-02-2010, 10:18 AM

Glad someone caught the humor as well

jkk7479
09-02-2010, 10:19 AM

This is a really great idea! Thanks Man. I will let you know how it works out!

Any ideas on a cleaning solution?

Mindflux
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
This is a really great idea! Thanks Man. I will let you know how it works out!

Any ideas on a cleaning solution?

There's a company that makes polishing strips, prepackaged and 'loaded' with metal polish. They're called "Luster Lace".

I'd link, but I don't want to get my hand swatted.

Cliffnopus
09-02-2010, 10:58 AM

First thing that came to my mind too. :applause::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cliff

ICEMAN
09-02-2010, 12:20 PM
There's a company that makes polishing strips, prepackaged and 'loaded' with metal polish. They're called "Luster Lace".

I'd link, but I don't want to get my hand swatted.

we sell the same type of thing at the bike shop i work at. ive used it on 01 mustang gt tips and work perfectly!!!

Old Tiger
09-02-2010, 01:59 PM
You young guys just have no idea!

jpegs13
09-02-2010, 02:24 PM
You young guys just have no idea!

You got that right brutha:xyxthumbs:

SouthernStyles
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Id use some 0000 Steel Wool with some polish on it. Then follow that with a MF applicator with some polish on it.

PAR Detailing
09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
First thing that came to my mind was eat a bran muffin

ScottB
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
see if you can scoot some quad zero steel wool (0000) into the area. Use it with metal polish or chrome polish depending on tip type.

SouthernStyles
09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Try what i said in my previous post using this! I LOVE this stuff it works amazing! Rolite Metal Polishes (http://www.autogeek.net/rolite-metal-cleaner.html)