PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo or Rotary

abrcrombe
11-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Hello

Well I am thinking about asking for one for Christmas. Which one. I have a PC, and really would prefer something with a little more power. It takes too long for me to get the job done. I don't mind investing the time to learn on a rotary, but it would be nice to just grab the cyclo and go without having to "learn" it. Which one should I go for?

Totoland Mach
11-20-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm using all 3 items now and started with the pc, then went to a Cyclo, and finally, the shop owner has 2 DeWalt rotary polishers.

I like the Cyclo for doing "pc type" work. The rotary is more powerful, requires a decent learning curve, and is considerably heavier in weight.

If most of your work is pc type, get a Cyclo. If you do jobs with a lot of correction work or compounding, get the rotary.

As an aside, I'm selling my Cyclo that I got from Autogeek. Now that I'm in a shop environment, I don't use it. The tool has been used 5-6 times and I have all the pads that Autogeek includes in their kit. By the way, the Cyclo pads are less money than pc pads.

Toto

ryandamartini
11-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Spend the money on the metabo. Light weight, and great balance. Just spend the money right the first time. I would go with a rotary as it seems to bring corrections to a whole new level over the cyclo. Plus it isnt as awkward to maneuver around badges, etc.

Truls
11-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Rotary, and the megs learning dvd + a hood from the "memory lane" to practice on.

just look at the BMW totoland mach did with the rotary. Unbelievable

dennish
11-21-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm using all 3 items now and started with the pc, then went to a Cyclo, and finally, the shop owner has 2 DeWalt rotary polishers.

I like the Cyclo for doing "pc type" work. The rotary is more powerful, requires a decent learning curve, and is considerably heavier in weight.

If most of your work is pc type, get a Cyclo. If you do jobs with a lot of correction work or compounding, get the rotary.

As an aside, I'm selling my Cyclo that I got from Autogeek. Now that I'm in a shop environment, I don't use it. The tool has been used 5-6 times and I have all the pads that Autogeek includes in their kit. By the way, the Cyclo pads are less money than pc pads.

Toto

Since I purchase my cyclo my PC has been reduced to putting on glazes. The cyclo is a much better tool than the PC.:)

Nica
11-21-2006, 10:53 PM
What about those hard to rach space? Which is more conviniant the Cyclo or the PC?

pt91
11-21-2006, 10:59 PM
The PC is good for tight spaces, but I prefer the cyclo overall.