PDA

View Full Version : DG Aquawax vs. Meg's Ultimate Quik Wax

StoneRaizer
09-01-2010, 08:31 AM
What is the difference between these two products in terms of application, ease of use and look? I already have a bottle of UQW but Aquawax is on sale at Autogeek's Canadian distributor and heard great things about it so I'm wondering if it's worth my time and money to add it to my order.

2kredbb6
09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I've used an have both, DGAW seems to be slightly Slicker than UQW, application seems to be about the same, both smell nice, Durability I can't really determine since my car is garage kept.. But im sure it lasts as long as any spray on liquid wax.

rwright
09-01-2010, 10:01 AM
UQW does not even compare to Aqua Wax. I used to use UQW all the time but after using Aqua Wax once, it has since replaced my UQW. Regarding application the main difference is the sprayer. Meg's OTC black bottles have a very, very fine mist. Aqua Wax does not collect dust as much either. If you can get it on sale, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

TLMitchell
09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
UQW does not even compare to Aqua Wax. I used to use UQW all the time but after using Aqua Wax once, it has since replaced my UQW. Regarding application the main difference is the sprayer. Meg's OTC black bottles have a very, very fine mist. Aqua Wax does not collect dust as much either. If you can get it on sale, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

:iagree: :dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

Double Dizzle
09-01-2010, 11:31 AM
I have recently emptied my AW spray bottle, so I'm about to replace it with a gallon jug...if that tells you anything. Love DGAW.

GaryD
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I have recently emptied my AW spray bottle, so I'm about to replace it with a gallon jug...if that tells you anything. Love DGAW.

How many sprays per vehicle before its wiped down? I tried aquawax on my wifes vehicle for the first time last saturday. It looked ok, maybe I didn't use enough. I probably sprayed a couple sprays on each panel, maybe a total of 15. The car had a nice wax job on it last time it was washed couple weeks back so don't guess it could be improved on too much.

Old Tiger
09-01-2010, 07:13 PM
I havent tried UQW but DG AW is by far the best bang for buck spray wax on the planet IMO. I got 2 bottles BOGO for $7.99. I have boosted it with Polycharger H2O and it rivals 4 Star and Pinnacle at the top of my list. 4 Star is $17.99 and Pinnacle is $25 for comparison sake.

Bonifax
09-01-2010, 10:12 PM
For me DG AW is the best spray wax ever, it leaves a great shine and feel, and it literally works as the label says.
I received today a new bottle because I have no plans to live without it.