PDA

View Full Version : System 2000 Pad Cleaner Question

squiderm3
08-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking and reading for awhile and getting a feel for the forum. Very informative and pretty laid back, I think I'll stay awhile.:props:

I apologize for the newb question but can't find the answer that I'm looking for. I recently purchased a System 2000 Pad washing system with the agitatior wheels and realized that it is primarily for rotary polishers (found this out after I ordered it of course). I have a PC 7424 random orbital and was wondering if any has used to the two together successfully or if I should just send it back and replace it with the Grit Guard Pad washer.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking and reading for awhile and getting a feel for the forum. Very informative and pretty laid back, I think I'll stay awhile.:props:

I apologize for the newb question but can't find the answer that I'm looking for. I recently purchased a System 2000 Pad washing system with the agitator wheels and realized that it is primarily for rotary polishers (found this out after I ordered it of course). I have a PC 7424 random orbital and was wondering if any has used to the two together successfully or if I should just send it back and replace it with the Grit Guard Pad washer.

Thanks in advance.

Hi squiderm3,

Since this was your post...

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Sorry to say but the System 2000 style of pad cleaner really only works with a rotary buffer. It's the rotating pad that drives the water pump wheel and the plastic spurs.

I think I cover this in this video...

Direct Link: Show Car Garage Video: How to use the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer (http://www.palmbeachmotoring.net/ascg-videos/pad-washer.html)

Take that System 2000 to a body shop or a detail shop and show them how it work... because anyone doing production work with a rotary buffer, especially if they're compounding with a wool pad should have a pad washer.

:)