PDA

View Full Version : Contents of PC 7424XP Box

eversio
08-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi there,

I decided this week would be the week I take the plunge and get me a DA. Unfortunately, that's one week too late to take advantage of AG's excellent Labor Day sale. So to make sure I get my supplies in time to use this weekend, I may have to pick up a 7424XP from a site that offers me free 2 day shipping, instead of paying $50+ for 2 day shipping from AG. :eek:

So my question is what actually comes in the standalone box for the PC 7424XP? As I understand, it comes with a 6" backing plate so I would need to use 6.5" pads. I would assume the backing plate uses the standard "hook and loop"? I also have been hearing a lot about counterweights, would that be necessary to purchase as well? I already have all my swirl removers, polishes and sealants so I really just need the hardware and pads at this point.

Appreciate any help.

Buckskincolt
08-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi there,

I decided this week would be the week I take the plunge and get me a DA. Unfortunately, that's one week too late to take advantage of AG's excellent Labor Day sale. So to make sure I get my supplies in time to use this weekend, I may have to pick up a 7424XP from a site that offers me free 2 day shipping, instead of paying $50+ for 2 day shipping from AG. :eek:

So my question is what actually comes in the standalone box for the PC 7424XP? As I understand, it comes with a 6" backing plate so I would need to use 6.5" pads. I would assume the backing plate uses the standard "hook and loop"? I also have been hearing a lot about counterweights, would that be necessary to purchase as well? I already have all my swirl removers, polishes and sealants so I really just need the hardware and pads at this point.

Appreciate any help.

The PCXP does not come with a backing plate, you need to order one and I'd go with a 5" and the 5.5 in pads. I like the Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads. The Griots comes with a 6" backing plate.

Call AutoGeek talk to Meghan or Someone and give them the site making the offer they have a price match deal, I'd assume this is a shipping match as well. CALL THEM, it's toll free. 1800-869-3011

eversio
08-31-2010, 10:59 AM
The PCXP does not come with a backing plate, you need to order one and I'd go with a 5" and the 5.5 in pads. I like the Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads. The Griots comes with a 6" backing plate.

Call AutoGeek talk to Meghan or Someone and give them the site making the offer they have a price match deal, I'd assume this is a shipping match as well. CALL THEM, it's toll free. 1800-869-3011
Really, no backing plate? So that white pad that is included actually screws in?

I'm not sure my shipping would qualify for a price match, as it's actually a prepaid shipping rate ($80/year) although I actually got it for free because I'm a student.

Buckskincolt
08-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Really, no backing plate? So that white pad that is included actually screws in?

I'm not sure my shipping would qualify for a price match, as it's actually a prepaid shipping rate ($80/year) although I actually got it for free because I'm a student.

That's right no backing plate the white does not attach to a backing plate. The Griots comes with a 6" backing plate. If you can show AG the deal you might be surprised. Like I said give them a toll free call. I'd bet the pcxp + pads and a backing plate shipped will be a better deal from AG. Worth a toll free call if you ask me.:buffing:

DARK HORSE
08-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi there,

Appreciate any help.

No backing plate comes with the stand alone unit. My suggestion would be to purchase the Lake country 5" BP and use 5.5" pads. Also get an LC 3.5" BP and some 4" pads for smaller areas you can't get into with the 5.5" pads. 5.5" inch pads offer better correction when using a da.

You do not need to purchase any other counterweights. The one that comes with the PC will work for all pads.

The PC comes with a white pad that is permanently attached to a threaded shaft that screws into the PC itself. My advice here is throw that pad away (it's junk). Others may suggest other uses for it, such as putting MF bonnets over it to remove Selants/waxes. I do not recommend removing sealants/waxes with a machine/bonnet. I feel you will not get nearly as good of results (flawless finish) as removing by hand with a quality MF...

eversio
08-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow I'm really amazed that the 7424 is so barebones right out of the box, no wonder for all these great kits AG sells. I may have to rethink my ordering strategy here and pony up the cash for the shipping.

Meghan
08-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow I'm really amazed that the 7424 is so barebones right out of the box, no wonder for all these great kits AG sells. I may have to rethink my ordering strategy here and pony up the cash for the shipping.

If we shipped it out today to you, you would have by Friday with no extra shipping fees. Call in and give them the AGO code and you will get free shipping... but make sure you call soon and let them know it needs to go out today.

eversio
08-31-2010, 02:24 PM
If we shipped it out today to you, you would have by Friday with no extra shipping fees. Call in and give them the AGO code and you will get free shipping... but make sure you call soon and let them know it needs to go out today.

Wow thanks for the kind offer. I was going to take you up on it but just to clarify the offer is good for the actual polisher system? I called you guys up but your sales rep informed me no free shipping offers are good on polishers, which she confirmed with you over the phone. I appreciate the offer, though :)

DARK HORSE
08-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Wow thanks for the kind offer. I was going to take you up on it but just to clarify the offer is good for the actual polisher system? I called you guys up but your sales rep informed me no free shipping offers are good on polishers, which she confirmed with you over the phone. I appreciate the offer, though :)

Call and ask to speak directly to Meghan, she will make it good (she will make sure you get the deal she told you that you would get):props:

Note: I'm not sure who you spoke to on the phone, but I think she must of been mistaken. If you use the code AGO, you will surely get free shipping and if you tell them Meghan said it would arrive by Friday @ no additional cost (free shipping) then surely that will happen as well...

Meghan
08-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Actually I think I was in her office, you asked for 15% off polisher, you can get free shipping but no discount on polishers.

eversio
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Oh ok my mistake, I thought the labor day code was for free shipping :P Ah well I'm sure it's too late now, I'll figure something out or just find another weekend to do this. Thanks for everyones help :)