PDA

View Full Version : Pick the right pads?

2SLICK4U
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Ok here is the question that i need help with choosing right pads , I will be using a Flex XC 3401 VRG and i would like to try a 6 pack of CCS pad's and i almost forgot i will be doing a three step process with Wolfgang 1.TSR 2.Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 and last step 3. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and i will top it off with Max Wax . The paint on my car is in good condition some light and moderate swirls,color dark pearl metallic so what would be my right choices ? It is a 2007 Acord

DrMcDave
08-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Ok here is the question that i need help with choosing right pads , I will be using a Flex XC 3401 VRG and i would like to try a 6 pack of CCS pad's and i almost forgot i will be doing a three step process with Wolfgang 1.TSR 2.Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 and last step 3. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and i will top it off with Max Wax . The paint on my car is in good condition some light and moderate swirls,color dark pearl metallic so what would be my right choices ? It is a 2007 Acord

I used and orange pad for the TSR and a white pad for the finishing glaze followed by some pinnacle carnuba and my car came out great. I think I should have worked the TSR a bit more but I'm pretty new to this whole game so I didn't want to over do anything.

There are a few videos posted here that helped me a lot. I will say that the wolfgang products were really easy to work with. Take your time and do a small test area so you know how much you need to work the paint. FIND THE VIDEO!!

Buckskincolt
08-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I used and orange pad for the TSR and a white pad for the finishing glaze followed by some pinnacle carnuba and my car came out great. I think I should have worked the TSR a bit more but I'm pretty new to this whole game so I didn't want to over do anything.

There are a few videos posted here that helped me a lot. I will say that the wolfgang products were really easy to work with. Take your time and do a small test area so you know how much you need to work the paint. FIND THE VIDEO!!

:iagree:A lot depends on the amount of correction needed and the hardness of the clear-coat. do a test spot working from the least aggressive to the most to find the combo you need for your situation. Watch this video.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-car-garage-how-videos/23700-show-car-garage-video-how-remove-swirls-scratches-water-spots-using-pc-7424xp-meguiar-s-g110v2-griot-s-garage-random-orbital-polisher.html

HighEndDetail
08-30-2010, 10:16 PM
you might want to look into the surbuf pads too. They really help with correcting the paint.

Buckskincolt
08-30-2010, 10:22 PM
you might want to look into the surbuf pads too. They really help with correcting the paint.

Never used them...Do you use the same backing plates? Just for my info.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Never used them...Do you use the same backing plates? Just for my info.
Yes, same backing plate as you would a foam pad. Surbuf pads are *excellent* for heavy defect removal, but leave behind noticeable micro-marring. They need to be followed up with a less aggressive pad and polish. However, no other pads come close to the cut of surbuf pads on a DA. You want to use surbuf pads with non-dimishing abrasives(105, optimum spray compund, etc...).

To the OP:
For the Flex, get Surbufs for heavy correction along with LC Orange, white, and gray. Blue if you're gonna use your DA to apply wax or sealants. Flat pads might perform a little better, but CCS pads are easier to control on the Flex 3401.

2SLICK4U
08-31-2010, 05:05 PM
So 2 orange pads, 2-gray ,1-blue and 1- white shoild be ok ?

PAR Detailing
08-31-2010, 05:13 PM
So 2 orange pads, 2-gray ,1-blue and 1- white shoild be ok ?

If it were me I would go 2 orange 2 white and 2 gray. You can wax and seal by hand. Thats just me

2SLICK4U
08-31-2010, 06:15 PM
How about if i can't get grey in the package there is only, blue,black and red so i would go with 2 orange,2 white and which ones i can replace if i can't get grey ones would it be blue

PAR Detailing
08-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Very good point so i guess applying sealant by hand is ok didn,t think about that thx
PAR Detailing:xyxthumbs:

We are all continuously learning. I prefer to do the LSP by hand. You can seal and wax via machine but if you are trying to stick with 6 pads then I wouldnt "waste" one on sealant application. Pick up a few good and cheap wax applicators and you are all set.

Jon

canairb
08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Surbuf pads are *excellent* for heavy defect removal, but leave behind noticeable micro-marring. They need to be followed up with a less aggressive pad and polish. However, no other pads come close to the cut of surbuf pads on a DA. You want to use surbuf pads with non-dimishing abrasives(105, optimum spray compund, etc...).

Totall agree. I bought one pack of surbuf pads to try and was amazed at how well they corrected with 105. Needless to say, I bought more.