PDA

View Full Version : The Wolfgang Twins - Picture with Links

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

ChrisJ
10-25-2012, 06:11 PM
I have been noticing the same with my megs MF da kit with having to finish it out with po85rd. I am gonna pick these up and the new sonax nanos in the near future. Gonna go back to foam

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mike Phillips
10-26-2012, 06:29 AM
I have been noticing the same with my megs MF da kit with having to finish it out with po85rd. I am gonna pick these up and the new sonax nanos in the near future. Gonna go back to foam

All has to do with individual fibers being pushed over the paint versus a uniform, consistent surface.

:)

ChrisJ
10-26-2012, 06:43 AM
All has to do with individual fibers being pushed over the paint versus a uniform, consistent surface.

It makes perfect sense honestly Mike. While I have loved the cut I get with the MF pads I just hate having to go back over work to finish it down to the surface I typically would get from foams the first time.

Wes Bremec
06-16-2013, 08:28 AM
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag45/wesbremec/IMG_1166_zpsef3b152b.jpg?t=1371389152
wolfgang twins at work

swanicyouth
06-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Just made a small order from AGO, and I thought this thread needed more pics... Here's the things I just added/re-added to my arson.

I'm stoked to trade in the twins... I was going to go with 105/205 from megs, but this just seemed to awesome to pass up. I've been using Adam's/Chemical guys, which are fine, but I'm really excited for this.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8656/photogrd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/photogrd.jpg/)

Is this stuff sitting on the roof of a car ???? Ouch if so.

JKL1031
11-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Question:

How critical is the application of the finishing glaze? Ive applied it like wax in a fast cross hatch pattern, 2 section passes. I also applied it with a blue pad as I used the wht pad to cut with the swirl remover. Do I need to take my time and apply the glaze as I did with the swirl remover? Do I need to cut with the glaze as well?

cleanmycorolla
11-04-2013, 07:36 PM
It's not really a glaze it's fine polish, not sure what you mean by cut the glaze.

Wes Bremec
11-04-2013, 07:44 PM
You need to treat the finish glaze as a polish even know it's called 'glaze'. Essentially wg fg is a finishing polish to enhance clarity and to refine the prior stage. Knowing that you need to work in the product into the paint. The abrasives with the finish glaze need to break down or you are basically wasting your time wiping it around.

JKL1031
11-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Well I messed that up. I even watched Mike on youtube use the duo on a Lexus. Is the blue pad fine to work it in? Thanks.

cleanmycorolla
11-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Well I messed that up. I even watched Mike on youtube use the duo on a Lexus. Is the blue pad fine to work it in? Thanks.

Your car and the paint will tell you that. Most folks, probably use a gray/black finishing pad.

tpr1634
02-23-2014, 01:46 PM
The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze finishes down perfectly on just about any paint that I've ever used it on, it's really easy to use, even on black paints.

What is the work time for the fg to finish out? :buffing:

cleanmycorolla
02-24-2014, 01:06 AM
What is the work time for the fg to finish out? :buffing:

You'll see it flash. Then you're done.

Sifto
05-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Hi,

it's my fist post on the forum and english is not my first language, sorry for some mistake in my text.

I juste receve a beautiful present,
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Wolfgang Füzion

I plan to give some love to my red 2008 Volvo S40. The pain is in relatively good shape, but a swirl remover for some panel is a good option.

I plan to
wash, pass the clay, the swirl remover, ...
here my question,
i have to put the glaze after my swirl remover, can i use my WG polish, before or after the glaze? Because the WG glaze have some correction ability, and the WG polish didin't have. Or put the polish before or after the glaze is useless?

I have the porter and cable whit some, orange, white and black pad.
i will finish with 2 layer of sealant and the füzion for my LSP.

Thanks

Simon

Mike Phillips
05-01-2014, 12:42 PM
can i use my WG polish, before or after the glaze?

Because the WG glaze have some correction ability, and the WG polish didin't have.

Hi Simon,

It's an either or situation you don't use both.

By this I mean, after washing and claying you either use the swirl remover followed by the finishing glaze and then seal the paint.

OR

After washing and claying you use the polish and then seal the paint.

The swirl remover and glaze are used to remove swirls and scratches.

The polish is for paint that's ALREADY IN GREAT CONDITION except it needs a LIGHT chemical cleaning before applying the wax.

So according to your plan of attack you don't need to use the Wolfgang Paintwork Cleansing Polish.

MarkD51
05-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Of course today, we now have what can be referred to as the "Wolfgang Triplets"!

Yep, Wolfgang gave "birth" again, and we now have WG Uber Compound.
I have all three, and with how well the "Twins" work, who could resist?!

I'm taking an educated "stab" at this, but would assume if one should find for some reason Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover is not taking care of the damage found on your paint, to then try the Uber Compound instead, and go from there.

It is said that Uber Compound finishes down so well all on its own, that one probably can omit using Total Swirl Remover after, and go straight to The WG Finishing Glaze. Sound about right?
Mark