PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bar on Ventureshield Clear Bra?

Sunstealer
08-29-2010, 08:01 PM
My Infiniti G37 has a Ventureshield Clear Bra covering the front end and mirrors. The hot weather and crazy bug outbreaks over the past few weeks have left me with some bug stains on the protected areas that I cannot get out with standard washing or the Pinnacle Bug Scrub that I normally use. The installer recommended Plexus, but that did not seem to do anything at all.

I am planning on a full detail over the Labor Day weekend and was wondering if it is OK to use clay bar on clear bras? I use the full Zaino setup on my vehicles, including their Z-18 clay bar which is pretty mild from what I have read. I think it will be OK, but wanted to check with some of the experts.

I will be following up with AIO, Z-6, Z-CS, and Z-8. I typically get about 4-5 months with that setup on a daily driver as long as I use Z-8 after each wash.

Thanks.

daveinsweethome
08-29-2010, 09:04 PM
i have used pinnacle clay mild on my benz with no problems. not much correction though. maybe try a finishing polish with a red pad. good luck. a very nice car there

04Si
08-29-2010, 09:11 PM
I have treated my clear bra(s) just like paint. I have even wet sanded and polished the plastic back to gloss. You will have no issue using clay on a 3M clear Bra.

aznwhip
08-30-2010, 04:22 PM
I've clayed my bra with Megs, Clay Magic, and DP clays with no issues.

jpegs13
08-30-2010, 05:11 PM
I've clayed and used PO85rd with a white pad on my clear bra. Takes out the swirls and looks great! Don't hang out in one spot too long or you risk melting it.