PDA

View Full Version : Mezerna Polish for Black car ( Porsche)

AlPap
08-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I would like to try a Mezerna polish for a year old car in great condition. Would you suggest using Mezerna Nano or PO 85rd. Thanks for any suggestions. Do you also follow up with WG Sealant?Feed back please

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-29-2010, 03:26 PM
85rd and follow up with Wolfgang Sealant would be a great combo for your black paint. If there any swirls or defects you might want to pick up some SIP since 85rd is just a finishing polish.

jpegs13
08-29-2010, 04:28 PM
:iagree:

ScottB
08-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Menzerna and black go hand in hand ... listen above and grab both SIP and 085rd.

Wendell Jarvis
08-29-2010, 07:30 PM
85rd and follow up with Wolfgang Sealant would be a great combo for your black paint. If there any swirls or defects you might want to pick up some SIP since 85rd is just a finishing polish.

:iagree: Good call Asphalt.....

AlPap
09-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys for the advice. Will give PO85rd and WG sealant a try.

Ruby13
09-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Pardon my ignorance but what is PO85rd. Would like to try on my black 325ci. Already have the WG sealant. Thanks

Da Fats
09-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Pardon my ignorance but what is PO85rd. Would like to try on my black 325ci. Already have the WG sealant. Thanks

Its a finishing polish produced by menzerna.... very light cut to add gloss to the paint... not the first thing to reach for if you need real defect removal

Ruby13
09-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Better than wolfgang swirl remover?

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Better than wolfgang swirl remover?

The PO85RD is less aggressive than the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover...

You would typically use the more aggressive product first and then finish out with the PO85RD

Evaluate the condition of the finish
Choose the right product for the job
Use good technique

That's the basic approach for any detail project... do a test spot before going over the entire car to make sure you're removing the defects and getting the results you want.

:)

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 09:29 AM
I would like to try a Menzerna polish for a year old car in great condition. Would you suggest using Menzerna Nano or PO PO85RD. Thanks for any suggestions. Do you also follow up with WG Sealant?

The Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze are both made by Menzerna but either system will work.

I love this thread just because Joe had never used a DA Polisher in his life...

Proof You Can Do It! - Joe The Detailer - Black Porsche Turned into Black Pearl! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/25226-proof-you-can-do-joe-detailer-black-porsche-turned-into-black-pearl.html)

Here's another black Porsche buffed with Wolfgang...

1994 Porsche Detailed for "Operation Comfort" Modeled by Brittany from Stuart, Florida (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/26233-1994-porsche-detailed-operation-comfort-modeled-brittany.html)

How are you applying your polish? As in by hand or machine and if by machine which machine?

D_Nyholm
09-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I used SIP then Nano on my 2001 Black Turbo when i got it to remove all the swirls and scratches. Now that it has a great finish, i just follow up with Nano on a white pad and then Nano and gray pad once a year to keep the finish flawless. I have noticed that the black Porsche paint is very prone to swirls and scratches though, moreso than my black Acura. I have to be very careful when I wash the Porsche as even running my microfiber mitt and microfiber towels across it can tend to mar the finish.

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Now that it has a great finish, i just follow up with Nano on a white pad and then Nano and gray pad once a year to keep the finish flawless.

"Find something you like and use it often" (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/24310-find-something-you-like-use-often.html)

Often is a relative word in the context of car maintenance; how often you do anything just depends upon how the car is used and stored. These two factors plus your expectations will determine how "often" you have to do anything to it to maintain the finish to your standards.

Sounds like you've dialed in a system that works for you...

Picture?

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Moved out of the "How To" forum, (because it's not a how to article), and into Detailing 101 which is for questions...