PDA

View Full Version : i step polish help

john b
08-29-2010, 02:24 PM
hi all recently i have been trying to do just 1 step polishing- the problem i have recently has been that on one car i used xmt2 with no final polish had used that on a white 6inch lc pad and got more swirls on it- i thought that xmt2 had hardly any cut -also same set up with optimum polish and used white lc pad and had alot of swirls -not sure what i am doing wrong been useing pc7424 xp-would going 2 a 5 in pad be better/Feed back please

ScottB
08-29-2010, 04:32 PM
If I personally needed a one step I would reach for Menzerna PowerFinish 203 and a 5.5 inch pad for the PC. Use some pressure and pretty much full speed to work polish.

Rsurfer
08-29-2010, 05:58 PM
If I personally needed a one step I would reach for Menzerna PowerFinish 203 and a 5.5 inch pad for the PC. Use some pressure and pretty much full speed to work polish.
Best 1 step polish if the swrils are not to severe.

BobbyG
08-29-2010, 06:32 PM
This weekend I tried something new and was very surprised with the results.

I had some time and thought I'd give Optimum Hyper Polish Spray a try and I wanted to use it with my Porter Cable 7424. After claying a hood, roof, and trunk on a 2003 Toyota Camry I polished it with Optimum Hyper Polish Spray I used a white 5 1/2" Lake Country.

Optimum Hyper Polish Spray is pink in color and a light creamy consistency but sprayed very easily. I sprayed some on the pad and a couple of squirts on the hood then did a 2 X 2 section, speed 5.5. It worked in very nicely and produced a very glossy shine to what was dull and full of swirls. I did two, 2 X 2 sections because I wanted to go over the same area with Optimum Hyper Polish Spray but using a gray pad.

Changing the pads varies the cut of this polish and I was very impressed with how easy it was to correct a finish. If you're looking for a 1 step polish I strongly recommend you give Optimum Hyper Polish Spray a try.....:props: