PDA

View Full Version : Hiya folks!!!

HarleyRyder
08-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Having a ball reading up on all the waxes and polishes, trying to decide which is truly best. Help?!?!?

ROMEO
08-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Good luck with that one, it took me a week to come up with my starter kit and now I'm not sure I got was the best choice...

But you had come to the right place for sure...

Buckskincolt
08-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Having a ball reading up on all the waxes and polishes, trying to decide which is truly best. Help?!?!?:welcome:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder........You must place at least 3 orders and try several different ones to decide which one looks best, or holds up best for you. Personally I like DP Poli-Coat for a sealant and DP Max Wax for a carnauba wax.....What Harley are ya ridin?:dblthumb2:

TLMitchell
08-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Having a ball reading up on all the waxes and polishes, trying to decide which is truly best. Help?!?!?

There is no "best". The best products for you are those that meet or exceed your needs & expectations. What are your priorities? Ease of use? Price? Prefer the possibly brighter shine and ease of use of a sealant or the warm glow of a carnauba? You'll see many touting their favorite products after years of trial and error and soon after they recommend them their favorites change. As will yours. Which is why most of the obsessive-compusives on detailing Forums have more products than they can use in their lifetime. As will you if you continue reading... :buffing:

TL

Cliffnopus
08-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Another Harley rider here. My new paint job is the reason I found this place and it's been worth it; I've learned a lot and have a lot more to learn. Read through the various posts and threads, especially the posts and videos by Mike Phillips.

There are as many differing opinions as there are products. Sooner or later you will find something that appeals to you and then the fun begins.

Cliff

satrianivia
08-29-2010, 01:39 AM

That is a life long quest as there is only the best for you, but enjoyable journey. By the way welcome!

Mike Phillips
08-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Autogeek only carries top quality products, personal preference is a very strong influence when it comes down to product selection but it also helps to tell us,

What are you working on?
What condition is the surface?
What are your goals?

It's even better to start your own dedicated thread outside of the "Introduction Forum".

Clicking the below link will take you to the list of different categories or groups of forums identified by their title.

Autogeek Online Forum Topical Groups (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/)

Or you can simply post your questions is the Detailing 101 forum which is a catch-all forum for any kind of question.

Auto Detailing 101 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/)

:xyxthumbs: