PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Polish Residue

Its A Wash
08-28-2010, 09:11 AM
So I've been using Poorboys SSR 2.5 with their Polish w/ Sealant which are both amazing products and make my cars look amazing BUT I'm finding that the next day there seems to be some polish residue left on the car. Now I always blue tape my cars and go over them with a spray detailer when I am done but I am still having this problem. Now I know it's hard to see everything but some of my customers have voiced concern and this could potentially be a problem. I try to be as diligent as possible but sometimes I miss a spot. What should I do, should I just be more careful and pay closer attention to the cars and this problem will go away? Are there any products out there that would help me clean up polish residue better than a QD? I've looked into Meg's Body Solvent ad Hi-Temp's Prep Wash which is a water-based APC which is safe on paint. This is becoming very frustrating because I pour over a car for hours and I clean every nook and cranny when I am done only to find a light film of polish residue that has dried on some areas of the car.

Mike Phillips
08-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Just a common problem...

Usually apply a coat of wax or paint sealant will remove any polish residue you missed unless it in or around cracks and crevices, or body lines or trim...

Are you hand waxing or machine waxing?

:)

Its A Wash
08-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I almost always hand wax, but I imagine machine wax would really wipe away any remaining residue

thanks again mike