PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite wash mitt

Pages : [1] 2

cwpcasey
08-27-2010, 10:03 PM
I was just wondering what peoples favorite wash mitts were.. I havent found one that I really like. I bought the LC red mitt and I wasnt to thrilled with it.

DARK HORSE
08-27-2010, 10:17 PM
I prefer a quality natural sheepskin mit. I feel they offer the best protection against adding swirls or micro scratches. They offer a lot of room and super soft fibers for particles to migrate away from paint. They release dirt/particles well when rinsed. They definitely require a little more attention in maintaining them, but to me well worth it...

mcpp66
08-27-2010, 10:34 PM
I used to use the sheepskin but I've since moved over to the Cobra microfiber mitts. I feel more comfortable with that because I can throw it in the washing machine with some Pinnacle or DP mf detergent and feel confident that it's clean. With a sheepskin all you're supposed to do is rinse it with cold water and I'm not confident that's clean enough.

DARK HORSE
08-27-2010, 10:48 PM
I used to use the sheepskin but I've since moved over to the Cobra microfiber mitts. I feel more comfortable with that because I can throw it in the washing machine with some Pinnacle or DP mf detergent and feel confident that it's clean. With a sheepskin all you're supposed to do is rinse it with cold water and I'm not confident that's clean enough.

Quality natural sheepskin mits are known for their ability to effectively release dirt and particles. A thorough rinse is all that is needed. If your mit does not release dirt and particles just by rinsing imagine what would happen to your paint after picking up dirt/particles, rinsing the mit in your rinse bucket, dipping in the wash bucket and continuing on to the next panel.

2SLICK4U
08-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Cobra Blue Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt for me works exelent

Kurt_s
08-27-2010, 11:41 PM
I am currently using a natural sheepskin mitt for paint, a synthetic for my wheels (used to use it for paint) and a cotton covered sponge years ago. The sheepskin is very soft but I never had scratch problems with my synthetic mitt.

When in doubt, I go with natural products but I have had to internally deal with the MF vs high quality cotton that I used for years. Funny how my cars were just fine with high quality cotton.

I have a MF mitt that I still have not used. Bought it for ONR but use MF towels. Go figure...

Shane731
08-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Meguiar's wash mitt

mcpp66
08-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Quality natural sheepskin mits are known for their ability to effectively release dirt and particles. A thorough rinse is all that is needed. If your mit does not release dirt and particles just by rinsing imagine what would happen to your paint after picking up dirt/particles, rinsing the mit in your rinse bucket, dipping in the wash bucket and continuing on to the next panel.

You're probably right, but I still feel better by being able to stick the mitt in the washing machine.

kids_gone
08-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Cobra Blue Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt for me works exelent
:iagree:

StoneRaizer
08-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Meg's wash mitt for the paint, Walmart chenille mitt for wheels & tires.

Phinox
08-28-2010, 11:12 AM
DoDo Juice Wookie's Fist. Very nice wool wash mitt.

kronos
08-28-2010, 11:43 AM
I've tried these,

Chenille wash mitt (not Cobra's)
Grout Sponge
Schmitt
Microfiber towel
The Bone (not Cobra's)
Soft wash brush

And my favorite has been, the Sheepskin wash mitt. It glides over paint effortlessly, you never feel like you're scrubbing with it, it releases dirt easily and it holds large amounts of soapy solution. It's biggest weakness is durability, or lack thereof.

trhland
08-28-2010, 02:24 PM
i only use a nice sheepskin mitt only...they hold alotoff water and soap .and dont cause any damage to the paint work at all...

pfix
08-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I love my DoDo Wookie. It washes up super fluffy and it's so smooth on the paint. Worth every penny....

aznwhip
08-28-2010, 07:58 PM
What's the life on Wookie (and even Yeti)?