PDA

View Full Version : Krazy Glue

GK Auto Spa
08-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I need some help with this guyz. Ok i was on the last car of the day,everybody was in awe of my work....until!! I was puttin some wax on this Chinese lady car(2009 Altima) & she had those faux buick fender vents(pictured) on it and low & behold the first one came off. It was double sided tape on it but worn. So i decided to KRAZY GLUE it on. I made a slit with a razor cuz it wouldnt come out properly. Well TOO MUCH came out and leaked on the car. WHAT A MESS. So i wet sanded it down & got the majority off but i has the sctratch look to it.

What can i use to get it back they way it was new. The vent is on the car but the scratchy mess is still visible.

I have 3M heavy compound // Meguiars Ultimate Compound // Meguiars Cleaner wax // Zymol Cleaner wax // Dewalt hi speed buffer will be purchased tommorow.

Could someone PLEASE list the steps needed to satisfy the customer

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/gksport/dynamicimageashx.jpg

Rsurfer
08-27-2010, 09:02 PM
How much KG is still on the paint?

Buckskincolt
08-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Go to a hobby store and get some of the bond breaker for the modeling super glues. they make this and it breaks down the glue....test it because I don't know what it does to paint.

Rsurfer
08-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Go to a hobby store and get some of the bond breaker for the modeling super glues. they make this and it breaks down the glue....test it because I don't know what it does to paint.
Nail polish remover will do the same thing.

Buckskincolt
08-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Nail polish remover will do the same thing. What does that do to paint? Is it safe? smells nasty....probably a cheaper alternative than the bond breaker.

Rsurfer
08-28-2010, 01:05 AM
What does that do to paint? Is it safe? smells nasty....probably a cheaper alternative than the bond breaker.
Not sure, haven't tried it, but like you said, do a test area first.

BobbyG
08-28-2010, 06:14 AM
If I'm not mistaken, most of these products share one common element; acetone. This will breakdown and dissolve the glue but as others cautioned, do a test spot somewhere unnoticeable just in case..

GK Auto Spa
08-28-2010, 06:23 AM
How much KG is still on the paint?

a few specs but i will wet sand it down some more to remove the rest.

Do i use the heavy compound with the hi speed to even the surface?

What wax i should use to blend the paint back to its NEW condition?

GK Auto Spa
08-28-2010, 06:29 AM

Thanks!! the glue is still on my fingers,:nomore:KRAZY GLUE for me!!