PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Bug & Tar Pad

Pages : [1] 2

DARK HORSE
08-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Ok guys, whats up with this? I've heard good things about it, so I decided to get one to use on my pickup trucks (off roading in the mountains of Idaho, the trucks get pretty well bug coated). (I would not use any kind of bug sponge on my Pony as it never gets that bad and if it does get some bug splatter I deal with it imediately with soap, warm water and a sheepskin mit). Any way it arrived the other day and I imediately noticed that it is more course and rough feeling than than the rough side of a cement center block?? Is this normal? I would be afraid to use it on ANY paint. I'm sure I must be missing something and that it's okay, as I spoke with another member (whos opinion I respect) and he assured me he's used it and found it to be safe. I was just hoping to here some others thoughts?

Maxima Mom
08-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Ditto here! We started to use it last night but gave up. It was so coarse and rough. We soaked it for a while and we were still afraid to use it.

mchess1
08-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Get it soaked good and use away.

It works fantastic on Love Bugs down here in Florida

Rez90
08-27-2010, 07:56 AM
I use it on every car i wash. It works fantastic and doesn't scratch the paint. Just get it soaked with water and suds and scrub away.

You'll be amazed.

CEE DOG
08-27-2010, 08:27 AM
:laughing: Do it up Tad!

When I saw the thread I thought I was going to see how much you loved it! Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

99tl
08-27-2010, 08:35 AM
I've used it a few times with out issues. I didn't let it soak. What I did was just put it in my wash bucket (filled with soap and water of course) and then squeezed it a few times. Once wet it wasn't as ruff. The material doesn't have any sharp edges. I did cut mine into 3 smaller pieces as it was easier for me to use.

reality33
08-27-2010, 08:45 AM
I thought the same thing the first time I used one years ago. To this day it is still my favorite tool to remove bugs and tar. Its just awesome how it does not affect the paint when used.

Buckskincolt
08-27-2010, 08:57 AM

When I saw the thread I thought I was going to see how much you loved it! Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

:laughing::laughing: ME Too! I have never used one but read how awesome they are and was looking forward to Tads review LOL.

DARK HORSE
08-27-2010, 09:08 AM

:surrender: :D:D:D I'll give it a try soon...

Preston129
08-27-2010, 09:35 AM
I use it quite often on black paint, never seen a scratch or mar to the naked eye. Use plenty of soap for good lubrication and you'll hardly need to apply any pressure to it. Works great!

Old Tiger
08-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I use it on every car i wash. It works fantastic and doesn't scratch the paint. Just get it soaked with water and suds and scrub away.

You'll be amazed.
IME I dont have to scrub. I let it soak in soap water or ONR. Before I use it I squeeze it to make sure it is pliable. I use it like I do a clay bar. When I dont feel anymore drag I stop and inspect. The sponge will do the work without elbow grease. . Tad go with it and dont worry about the fact that it feels like a lava stone!

Bunky
08-27-2010, 10:18 AM
I wonder if clay lube or a waterless wash product would be even safer to prevent marring since it really seems to be clay bar with pockets for the bug stuff to go.

CEE DOG
08-27-2010, 11:59 AM
It does feel like a brick but I've never gotten a scratch with it. It made my Stoners bug and tar remover retire to the back of the shelf. I swear by it! Nothing better for removing bugs and tar.

S2K
08-27-2010, 12:06 PM
That looks very interesting. And if the rumors about Pinnacle going BOGO today come true......hmmmmm.....

Stype4life
08-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Whats BOGO?