PDA

View Full Version : VX 5000 vapor steamer question

GaryD
08-26-2010, 08:22 PM
I got it today, pressure will only get up to 3 1/2 bars, is this normal. The other question, when using on medium, pressure drops to 2 and below, is this normal? I use it about an hour, seems to be working just fine. I think its suppose to register 4 1/2 bars.

GaryD
08-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I got it today, pressure will only get up to 3 1/2 bars, is this normal. The other question, when using on medium, pressure drops to 2 and below, is this normal? I use it about an hour, seems to be working just fine. I think its suppose to register 4 1/2 bars.

I got my answer to the question, there is an adjustment to bring the pressure up to 4 1/2 bar.

POPPAJ
08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Was the info in the instructions? Nice machine, it's on my list.

Silv03
08-27-2010, 06:43 PM
I got my answer to the question, there is an adjustment to bring the pressure up to 4 1/2 bar.

So whats the adjustment? I have the vx as well and it does drop a little when in use but still performers well.

GaryD
08-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Was the info in the instructions? Nice machine, it's on my list.

No, its not any instruction to preform adjustments. I'm suppose to call Monday and they are going to walk me through the adjustment. It should get up to 4 1/2 bars but only 3 1/2. I just got VX 5000 this week. I noticed first time I used it that it should be doing more pressure.

GaryD
08-27-2010, 09:52 PM
So whats the adjustment? I have the vx as well and it does drop a little when in use but still performers well.

I can only guess about adjustment, but almost sure that it will have to be opened up to set pressure. There are phillips head screws under the center rubber band that goes around it, screw are taken out and it lifts apart, then adjustment is made inside. Got to call Monday and get instructions. If its something I can do, no need sending it back for adjustment.

GaryD
08-30-2010, 04:11 PM
To increase pressure on VX 5000 vapor steamer, turn screw with small flat head screw driver, 1/2 round clockwise equals 1 pressure bar.

directions: unplug unit, release any pressure.
1. Place unit on table facing yourselt and remove big black fill cap on top.
2. Lower or remove the center black rubber gasket that exposes the 4 screws, and remove screws with small phillips screw driver. Note, there are little small nuts on screws, put your finger on nut while screwing, will loosen screws.
3. Lift top case up and fold back, just like folding a lid back. Note, the case has sharp edges on it, don't cut finger when separating the case.
4. There is a T fitting screwed into right side of tank that has a white switch built onto it, look for hex nut at end of this switch and inside the hex is the screw that you turn clockwise to increase pressure.
5. Reverse instruction and plug up and turn boiler button on and check your pressure.

It was a very simple adjustment. If your steamer is like mine was, reading 3 1/2 bars then 1/2 turn clockwise will bring it up to abour 5 bars. I was told never to adjust where unit runs in red, that would be about 7 bars I think. Also 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 is acceptable but not to go over 5 1/2 bars.