PDA

View Full Version : WGDGPS-Seagull Crap

09TSX
08-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Do I need to apply a wax over Wolfgang sealant?. I sealed my TSX three weeks ago and a seagul crapped on my car the other day and after a half a day it was etched into the paint. I really like the clarity of the Wolfgang, but does it offer no protection from bird sh#t.

Any recommendations for a wax?

A4 1.8tqm
08-26-2010, 04:23 AM
I've heard that Natural Carnauba Wax's tend to provide better protection against etching than Sealants, I can't necessarily attest to that, but it's something to consider. More important is following the advice in this thread- http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/23392-how-build-your-own-emergency-car-care-kit.html

tuscarora dave
08-26-2010, 07:20 AM
I don't have pics of this but I detailed a black Toyota Camry the other day and a bird bomb had eaten all the way through the clear, base coat and primer leaving just a bird bomb shaped rust spot. Nothing you can buy will enable you to leave that mess on there. As stated above, be prepared to get that stuff off as soon as it lands on your car.

canairb
08-26-2010, 07:44 AM
I don't have pics of this but I detailed a black Toyota Camry the other day and a bird bomb had eaten all the way through the clear, base coat and primer leaving just a bird bomb shaped rust spot. Nothing you can buy will enable you to leave that mess on there. As stated above, be prepared to get that stuff off as soon as it lands on your car.

:wow: That's some potent poop! Wonder what it was eating?

The bird might have been passing through from Mexico after eating some of their Jalapeno peppers. :detailer:

So what waxes/sealants are more durable than others when combating bird poop? If a bird poops on my car when I get to work, I might not know about it for 8 to 9 hours later.