PDA

View Full Version : Which pad to use

kvnkst
08-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Just a quick question. Which pad should I use for applying Poorboy's White Diamond Show Glaze with my Porter Cable? Thanks!

Buckskincolt
08-25-2010, 10:51 PM
What pads do you have?:dunno:

canairb
08-25-2010, 11:08 PM
This is from Poorboy's site...

"Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles is an easy to use product.Spread it with a soft, clean foam applicator,(if applying by machine, set your polisher to a low speed) and work until a shine begins to appear. Allow it to dry to a haze and then buff off with a clean, soft microfiber towel like our DMT or Mega-Plush towel."

Since it states to apply by machine on low speed, I wouldn't think you would be doing any paint removal. My guess would be to use a mild pad like the LC gray pad or milder.

But I have never personnally used it. Maybe others with experience will chime in.

Buckskincolt
08-25-2010, 11:28 PM
This is from Poorboy's site...

"Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles is an easy to use product.Spread it with a soft, clean foam applicator,(if applying by machine, set your polisher to a low speed) and work until a shine begins to appear. Allow it to dry to a haze and then buff off with a clean, soft microfiber towel like our DMT or Mega-Plush towel."

Since it states to apply by machine on low speed, I wouldn't think you would be doing any paint removal. My guess would be to use a mild pad like the LC gray pad or milder.

But I have never personnally used it. Maybe others with experience will chime in.

White Diamond is not meant to cut and correct, it is meant to fill and conceal. I'd use a Lake Country Hydro-Tech Crimson Pad. But then again I'd polish out the swirls and not use a filler glaze. I'd venture to say if you have the time to use a filler Glaze with a PC you have time to do a mild correction and be done with it.:buffing:

canairb
08-26-2010, 06:33 AM
White Diamond is not meant to cut and correct, it is meant to fill and conceal. I'd use a Lake Country Hydro-Tech Crimson Pad. But then again I'd polish out the swirls and not use a filler glaze. I'd venture to say if you have the time to use a filler Glaze with a PC you have time to do a mild correction and be done with it.:buffing:

:iagree: I would much rather try and do a mild correction than conceal and fill.

But on the other hand, this product might be the perfect thing for someone's car that has thin clear coat and doesn't want to do anymore paint removal. :dunno:

BobbyG
08-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Any pad that has little to no correction capabilities like a Lake Country gray or blue will work fine. I've applied glazes with a white pad without issue as well but only because I didn't have either of the ones I mentioned.

Buckskincolt
08-26-2010, 09:00 AM
But on the other hand, this product might be the perfect thing for someone's car that has thin clear coat and doesn't want to do anymore paint removal. :dunno:

Great Point!:cheers: