PDA

View Full Version : Wax Gone?

clapton924
08-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Hello,

I've been using Collinite 845 for a while now. I think my last application was beginning of the summer. I washed my car today with Duragloss soap and after drying I ran my finer across the paint and it made a good squeaking sound. I think this is a sign all my wax is gone right?

The climate is rough here in New Orleans, the car is always outside. I got the Collinite for its toughness. I thought Collinite should last about 6 months?

ScottB
08-25-2010, 06:08 PM
sounds like you might need a new coat ... have you tried the Klasse Twins or Rejex against it to measure longest protection ??

trhland
08-25-2010, 06:22 PM
id toss another coat on of wax.

BobbyG
08-25-2010, 06:28 PM
For a quick visual to see if the protection is working I look for beading of water droplets after washing and rinsing. If the beads are small and well defined then the wax it still working well. If the drops look more like puddles and sheeting then it's time for another coat or two...

WRAPT C5Z06
08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
For a quick visual to see if the protection is working I look for beading of water droplets after washing and rinsing. If the beads are small and well defined then the wax it still working well. If the drops look more like puddles and sheeting then it's time for another coat or two...
I agree with Bobby. I don't think you can go by a squeaking sound to tell if the wax is still good. ;)

arkus
08-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Posted

SeaJay's
08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm with Bobby on this one. I do run my finger along the paint after I dry it just to see how smooth it is. If I feel bumps or my finger grabs the paint or squeaks I'll clay it and wax it.