PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Plastic Sealant

Bunky
08-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Has anyone used WG Plastic Sealant?

I have never seen any reviews of it and from the description it seems to be something like Ultima Trim Guard which has not been in stock for a while.

DARK HORSE
08-25-2010, 11:35 AM

I have never seen any reviews of it and from the description it seems to be something like Ultima Trim Guard which has not been in stock for a while.

Al, I have and use both. I use the WG Plastic Surface Sealant to seal head/tail lights. I use Ultima Tire and Trim Guard for exterior trim (I know Coreys been experimenting with it on tires as well). The WGPSS reminds me more of a sealant like WGDGPS, it is of that same texture, I apply it and let it haze up for 30 -40 minutes, then buff off. The Ultim T&TG is more the consistentcy of Poorboys Trim Restorer (oil like), but IMO gives a better look and is much more durable than PB's. Any way the Ultima T&TG is now back in stock. They are both EXCELLENT products!!

DerWanderer
08-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Al,

I just posted this on the Wolfgang giveaway thread:

Wolfgang Plastik Surface Sealant is another great product: After you apply it to the headlights, you pass your hand on them and feel and hear the static charges. Just imagine what this does to the dust!

I highly recommend it.

P.S. I have never used Ultima Trim Guard

CEE DOG
08-25-2010, 11:47 AM

Al, check out my review here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/24954-review-wolfgang-plastik-surface-sealant.html

(Short version: Meghan recomended it to me and I very much like it.)

Al, I have and use both. I use the WG Plastic Surface Sealant to seal head/tail lights. I use Ultima Tire and Trim Guard for exterior trim (I know Coreys been experimenting with it on tires as well). The WGPSS reminds me more of a sealant like WGDGPS, it is of that same texture, I apply it and let it haze up for 30 -40 minutes, then buff off. The Ultim T&TG is more the consistentcy of Poorboys Trim Restorer (oil like), but IMO gives a better look and is much more durable than PB's. Any way the Ultima T&TG is now back in stock. They are both EXCELLENT products!!

I agree with Tad on all that stuff. Only difference is I don't leave the Plastik Surface Sealant on for as long as Tad. But now that I've seen this I may in the future!

DARK HORSE
08-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Al, check out my review here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/24954-review-wolfgang-plastik-surface-sealant.html

(Short version: Meghan recomended it to me and I very much like it.)

(My short version: Corey recomended it to me and I too like it very much.

I agree with Tad on all that stuff. Only difference is I don't leave the Plastik Surface Sealant on for as long as Tad. But now that I've seen this I may in the future!

I'm sure it's not necassary to leave it on this long, but I always find other things to work on after I apply my sealants and I figure it can't hurt. If anything I feel it may help the polymer crosslinking process bond stronger, and it always wipes off just like WGDGPS (easy as pie) no matter how long I leave it on for.

CEE DOG
08-25-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm sure it's not necassary to leave it on this long, but I always find other things to work on after I apply my sealants and I figure it can't hurt. If anything I feel it may help the polymer crosslinking process bond stronger, and it always wipes off just like WGDGPS (easy as pie) no matter how long I leave it on for.

I was thinking the same thing after I saw your post here. I can find other things to do and come back to it like you said. Now that you confirm it comes off easy regardless I know it can't hurt to leave it on a little longer. Thank you!

sullysdetailing
08-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I have been using Wolfgang Plastic Sealant on all headligths I restore