PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon - How much soap/water in bottle?

thatick
08-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Hi there. Im going to use DP extreme foam in my foam cannon but i cant figure out how much soap to put in the bottle. Do i also add watter and how much? thanks

Eric
08-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi there. Im going to use DP extreme foam in my foam cannon but i cant figure out how much soap to put in the bottle. Do i also add watter and how much? thanks

According the video below, they used 3 ounces of soup to 30 ounces of water.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXlEMGc_60]YouTube - Foam Cannon[/video]

jlb85
08-25-2010, 08:01 AM
You can't really go wrong with it, in the most extreme cases you will have thick foam or watery foam. I have played around with using very little shampoo and lots of water in the bottle, and it still gives foam! The vid above is using 10:1. Other soaps might take more product, like 6:1 or 4:1.

thatick
08-26-2010, 11:56 PM
oopps i was using 3 oz of soap to 8 oz water, foam sure was thick though, lol. Thanks ill try that ratio this weekend

canairb
08-27-2010, 10:53 AM
I think that is what DP recommends for the Foam Gun. I have not seen any directions from DP for the Foam Cannon.

Dwayne
08-27-2010, 02:52 PM
1 to 3 ounces is a good general rule to go by and you can experiement to see what works for you.

Some of it will depend on the quality of your water, the gallons per minute and the water pressure. For harder water, you may need 3 ounces to get the same amount of suds as 1 oz will create with soft water. More pressure will create more suds than less pressure will as well.

Start with 1 ounce and see how it works. Need more suds? Try 2 or 3 ounces.