PDA

View Full Version : FK425 instructions/help

D0ughB0y
08-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Hey all.

I've got the sample of fk425 and I'm interested in using it, but I can't seem to find the real answer on how exactly to use it. Am I supposed to be misting the entire care (small sections at a time) and buffing it immediately off?

With a large car (Caddy DTS), I doubt I would even be able to get half way through the car with one of the small sample bottles. Is that what you guys find? This is only a sample for a few body panels?

canairb
08-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Use FK425 like you would any other quick detailer. It is used to remove light dust, fingerprints, smudges, etc.

Mist a small panel or a section of a large panel with a squirt or two at most, and then wipe clean with a clean plush microfiber. If needed, flip the microfiber to a dry section to give a little buffing.

I find that FK425 can streak if used too heavily or out in the sun on a hot surface. Working in small sections seems to work for me.

FK425 Link (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html)

What you have seems to be a sample size. Try it, and if you like it, order a quart or gallon. You should be able to go over your car at least once with it, unles you have a huge car!

sportscarhiatus
08-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Using FK is just like any other QD. Work one panel at a time, spray, wipe using MF towel, flip and buff off.

Metajames
08-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Just mist onto the panel and lightly buff off with a MF. I tend to be a little more generous at first then much less once the towel has some product in it. FK425 is my go to QD, great shine an slickness! 4 oz sample should be enough for the whole car.

D0ughB0y
08-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I've never used QD's that's why I'm asking. The only time I've used any of the products is for clay lube.

I've already gone through a process of m105/205/PO85RD, applied WGDGPS and a coat of Fuzion and it has been through a few washes.

This weekend, I'm going to go through and wash the car and apply a new coat of the Fuzion and I'm going to go with some FK425 to top it.

So I'll try to lightly mist a small section. Wipe it, then buff it. I guess I'll split the panels into small sections and try to work the whole car using the purple deluxe jrs that I have.

Yeah, its a BIG car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/D0ughB0y/Dads%20Stuff1/Caddy1/IMG_1957.jpg

rwright
08-25-2010, 06:33 AM
I've never used QD's that's why I'm asking. The only time I've used any of the products is for clay lube.

I've already gone through a process of m105/205/PO85RD, applied WGDGPS and a coat of Fuzion and it has been through a few washes.

This weekend, I'm going to go through and wash the car and apply a new coat of the Fuzion and I'm going to go with some FK425 to top it.

So I'll try to lightly mist a small section. Wipe it, then buff it. I guess I'll split the panels into small sections and try to work the whole car using the purple deluxe jrs that I have.

Yeah, its a BIG car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/D0ughB0y/Dads%20Stuff1/Caddy1/IMG_1957.jpg

Use 2 towels when doing this, 1 towel to spread product and 1 towel to buff off product. Why? If only using 1 towel it will get saturated and will start to streak. Also, after you apply Fuzion wait at least 1 hour for the wax to cure. I personally like applying wax in the evening and wipe down the next morning, allows plenty of cure time. Have fun with that beauty!

canairb
08-25-2010, 06:54 AM
I don't think I would immediately top Fuzion with FK425. The only time I would immediately apply a QD on top of my wax is if I had trouble removing the wax. (I would use the QD to assist in the wax removal.)

I would wait and only use the QD when needed, like for removing light dust and fingerprints. Another good way to use a QD is to assist in drying the vehicle. It helps lubricate the surface when using a drying towel.

I usually use the sheeting method to remove most of the water, and with the bit of water that remains, I will mist with my QD and use a towel to dry up the rest.

CEE DOG
08-25-2010, 07:05 AM
D0ughB0y;346830
With a large car (Caddy DTS), I doubt I would even be able to get half way through the car with one of the small sample bottles. Is that what you guys find? This is only a sample for a few body panels?

You are talking about the 4 oz sample right?

That bottle will last a lot more then 1 time for sure! It has a fine mister on it and doesn't take much.

sportscarhiatus
08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I don't think I would immediately top Fuzion with FK425.

I would wait and only use the QD when needed, like for removing light dust and fingerprints.

^^^ Exactly my thoughts. Why would you top Fuzion or any other beauty wax with another substance immediately after buffing off the beauty wax itself? Save it for when it's dusty or after a wash. Fuzion is beautiful on its own and needs no topper.

DARK HORSE
08-25-2010, 09:38 AM

That bottle will last a lot more then 1 time for sure! It has a fine mister on it and doesn't take much.

:iagree:it only takes a very light mist. The 4oz sample should be enough to properly QD your car several times...

D0ughB0y
08-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

I didn't mean that I was going to finish buffing off the Fuzion then start with the FK. I was planning on washing and waxing the car Friday, then in the afternoon Sunday going over it with the FK.

Since it is a daily driver, it does get a little dirty. The DGPS + Fuzion really held up pretty good. It is still beading decently after a long time... but we've had a few days of rain and now the car looks dirty (the pic above was right after I did the full detail, sealed it, and added a coat of Fuzion).

I'm hoping that all of the stuff I've read about how slick FK425 is will help to keep some of the various schmutz off the car during the commute.

I'll be sure to take pics.

I've actually got two more projects that I've been asked to help with from people that saw my two vehicles. If I like the FK, I plan on buying a gallon along with some Natty Red and if it is still around the BOGO on the DP MaxWax.

A4 1.8tqm
08-26-2010, 01:39 AM
My favorite way to use FK425 is as a drying aid but I think you'll be happy with the product regardless. Looking forward to your opinion.

:iagree: