PDA

View Full Version : need a link to single stage paints?

nabisco shine
08-23-2010, 03:48 AM
im gonna do a car its single stage paint, so i was gonna do ultimate compund,megs yellow pad, then m205, megs yellow pad, then wolf gang 3.0 megs finishing pad, then finally poor boys natthy paste wax red! megs finishing pad, will this do fine on a single stage paint? thanks

nabisco shine
08-23-2010, 04:11 AM
the wolf gang 3.0 is a paint sealant i forgot to add paint sealant

spike
08-23-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi nabisco, have you seen this thread that Mike P. started? It's full of info on how to restore single stage paint:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/25304-secret-removing-oxidation-restoring-show-car-finish-antique-single-stage-paints.html

It's full of good info on how to treat single stage paint. I know I learned a lot from this article myself! Also, I think you'll want to go with a less aggressive pad for your 205, like a white pad. But others will chime in and let you know if the yellow can be used for both UC and 205. IME it's better to go with a less aggressive pad to get rid of the micro-marring that would occur after using the yellow pad + UC.

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
08-23-2010, 07:31 AM
im gonna do a car its single stage paint,

What are you working on?

1994 Toyota Truck?
1965 Mustang Barn Treasure?

:confused:

nabisco shine
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
thanks i was looking for the link , mr pillips they repainted a honda delsol red and i buff it and red paint wall all over my pad and cloth so i told him ill wait till next week end to do it so i can do it right

Mike Phillips
08-23-2010, 01:49 PM
thanks i was looking for the link , mr pillips they repainted a honda delsol red and i buff it and red paint wall all over my pad and cloth so i told him ill wait till next week end to do it so i can do it right

You work on single stage paint the same way you would work on basecoat/clearcoat paint except that single stage paints tend to be softer so removing defects out of them will tend to be easier with the exception of single stage white paint.

The oils in the #7 Show Car Glaze are unique as there's really no products on the market that have them or have been around since at least the 1920's which is also when early car paints were being invented. The Model T was introduced in 1908, before the Model T was introduced most people were either riding horses or being pulled in a wagon by a horse as it was the Model T that made owning an "Automobile" affordable for the average person.

See some of the things I wrote here,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/28117-polishing-modern-single-stage-paint-vs-antique-single-stage-paint.html

:)

nabisco shine
08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
ok im confused so i have to put a glaze on the car first? what about a d151 recondition cream then can i clay then use a glaze then lsp?? single stage paint is confusing

Mike Phillips
08-23-2010, 02:33 PM
ok im confused so i have to put a glaze on the car first?

You don't have to.

You should carefully re-read this article as I explain a lot of in-depth information,

12,143 Words
91 Photos

It's not a "glance through" type article. It actually addresses the topic of working a specific glaze into antique old paint before working on it...

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/25304-secret-removing-oxidation-restoring-show-car-finish-antique-single-stage-paints.html)

If the car you're working on doesn't fall into the ORIGINAL OLD and/or ANTIQUE paint catagory... then you don't have to use the #7 first.

:confused: