PDA

View Full Version : Looking into a new car for detailing

anson89
08-23-2010, 02:00 AM
I currently have a 2004 Highlander right now for daily commute, carrying my drums and detailing supplies.

I'm looking into a 2007 Subaru WRX Wagon as I'm dying to drive a manual car, this is probably the best choice because of its size etc etc. What are your thoughts on this car? I love the Highlander to death, but I just have to give up something and the Highlander has more cargo space as well. Seems like the WRX Wagon is a little small and I can't fit much in there.

A friend of mine recommended me Thule cargo boxes for the WRX Wagon. By the looks of it, it's pretty flat, not sure if I can fit anything in there.

So should I keep the Highlander or get the WRX Wagon + Thule box? Opinions needed!

Thanks

kronos
08-23-2010, 02:26 AM
What about a small pick-up truck with a camper. Or a minivan.

anson89
08-23-2010, 02:27 AM
What about a small pick-up truck with a camper. Or a minivan.

With manual transmission? Well, I'm looking into something with a little more power too. The Subaru Impreza Wagon seems to meet my needs.

Dubbin1
08-23-2010, 10:05 AM
When I was a kid I wanted something with a manual transmission but then after owning one and driving through lots traffic I couldn't wait to get an automatic back. I will never again own a daily driver with a manual tranny.

ICEMAN
08-23-2010, 10:43 AM
When I was a kid I wanted something with a manual transmission but then after owning one and driving through lots traffic I couldn't wait to get an automatic back. I will never again own a daily driver with a manual tranny.

no way, i love manuals. i did 40K of solid city driving one year and had so much fun. now that i have automatic trucks, i really miss manual.

evilwrx
08-23-2010, 10:53 AM
I had an 02 WRX wagon and throughly loved it. Tranny is a weak point in the WRX though. Be careful if you are buying used. You will also be surprised with the amount of room and things you can fit in the cargo area. I would buy another one in a heart beat if the situation were right.

slimnib
08-23-2010, 12:02 PM
I currently have a 2004 Highlander right now for daily commute, carrying my drums and detailing supplies.

I'm looking into a 2007 Subaru WRX Wagon as I'm dying to drive a manual car, this is probably the best choice because of its size etc etc. What are your thoughts on this car? I love the Highlander to death, but I just have to give up something and the Highlander has more cargo space as well. Seems like the WRX Wagon is a little small and I can't fit much in there.

A friend of mine recommended me Thule cargo boxes for the WRX Wagon. By the looks of it, it's pretty flat, not sure if I can fit anything in there.

So should I keep the Highlander or get the WRX Wagon + Thule box? Opinions needed!

Thanks

Do a little reading. Those boxes effect the drive ability of cars and then can be dangerous.

I really do not understand you question, if you have the room you need and nothing is wrong with your Highlander, why mess with a little WRX?

If you need more room look at a mini van.They generally have more room than SUV's. Pickups with caps are a pain because they lack side doors and have little seating room unless you a double cab version, which can get very costly.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Harv