PDA

View Full Version : LSP question regarding product compatibility and car color

Shane731
08-22-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm working on our 2001 Honda Accord right now, and I have a question regarding my LSP. Can I use Poorboy's White Diamond Glaze, followed by Four Star UPP, topped with Liquid Natty Blue? Anybody see any compatibility issues? The car is a garage queen and isn't driven very often, so durability is not a huge concern. The car is this color (not my picture):

http://images.autobytel.com/cyber/239601/i1A018565_1.jpg

I have also heard of people using a coat of Klasse AIO, followed by a couple coats of Klasse SG, followed by Wolfgang DGPS. Any thoughts on this? Anybody have any particular LSP preferences for this color? Thanks!

satrianivia
08-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I havent used alot of products but between Klasse SG, Megs 21, Megs Gold Class and Pinn SSII. My favorite combo is Klasse SG topped with Pin SSII. I have a 06 pilot similar gold paint and the SSII has been my favorite only use the Klasse SG to give me added protection.

satrianivia
08-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Sorry forgot to add the SSII seems to make the flake pop and give a deep wet look

cmichael258
08-22-2010, 05:21 PM
What's SSII? :dunno:

A4 1.8tqm
08-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I just did a similar colored '06 Audi A6 with WG DGPS topped with Fuzion (Pinnacle XMT 360 as a one step prior to LSP's), I was very happy with the outcome.

I have a real hard time with all the talk of this wax is for this color paint etc... Because if the wax did not buff off completely clear, it would not look good on many, if not all colors. Maybe a wax like Souveran is good at darkening black paint because of extra oils or something, but IMO, after polishing to a swirl free finish, the rest is just "playing with wax", everyone's favorite obsession. An obsession that I too truly enjoy. :)

Rsurfer
08-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I just did a similar colored '06 Audi A6 with WG DGPS topped with Fuzion (Pinnacle XMT 360 as a one step prior to LSP's), I was very happy with the outcome.

I have a real hard time with all the talk of this wax is for this color paint etc... Because if the wax did not buff off completely clear, it would not look good on many, if not all colors. Maybe a wax like Souveran is good at darkening black paint because of extra oils or something, but IMO, after polishing to a swirl free finish, the rest is just "playing with wax", everyone's favorite obsession. An obsession that I too truly enjoy. :)
Very true. All your doing is protecting all the hard work you did. It might add a little more gloss, but not much. Protection of the finish is what your after.

satrianivia
08-22-2010, 07:44 PM
What's SSII? :dunno:
Its pinnacle signature series II. Got it on BOGO a while back :xyxthumbs:

JonMiles
08-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I did the same color car today, polished with 205 followed by 85rd...protected with 4* and it looked great with 1 lsp. No need to top a sealant for a 2001 honda unless it is a show car or your personal car IMO

WRAPT C5Z06
08-22-2010, 09:23 PM
White Diamond, WGDGPS, done.

If you must top with a carnauba, go with SS II.

tuscarora dave
08-23-2010, 12:32 AM
This color is not the same but not too far off either. This was polished then had a coat of PBWD followed by Natty's Red.
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/027-3.jpg