PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't adding 2 oz of soap in a foam gun be too aggressive ??

cobraa
08-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm still testing my new foam gun ( trying different dilution ratio/soap/technique) but something came to my mind..

Usually, no-matter what the soap is, we put about a 1oz for a gallon in order to have enought lubricity but also not to strip the LSP. So, what happens when you put 2 oz in a 32 oz bottle ? isn't the foam on your car way too agressive for your LSP ?

trhland
08-22-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm still testing my new foam gun ( trying different dilution ratio/soap/technique) but something came to my mind..

Usually, no-matter what the soap is, we put about a 1oz for a gallon in order to have enought lubricity but also not to strip the LSP. So, what happens when you put 2 oz in a 32 oz bottle ? isn't the foam on your car way too agressive for your LSP ?
i use 3 ounces sometimes more and never had stripping issues. as long as you use soaps that arent harsh ur fine.d/p pinnacle ect.

Old Tiger
08-22-2010, 05:21 PM
i AGREE WITH tOM. btw xSTREAM foam is the best wash for a gun and it is BOGO until next Friday!

trhland
08-22-2010, 05:55 PM
i AGREE WITH tOM. btw xSTREAM foam is the best wash for a gun and it is BOGO until next Friday!
im actually waiting for that to arrive. i went for that deal. how could u not. and yes extreme foam is the best in the foam guns. infact i ran out and have been useing pinnacle . i miss my d/p.. hopefully tuesday ill have my nice a/g box at my door step:xyxthumbs:

trhland
08-22-2010, 06:02 PM
also if i might add extream foam works great in a bucket wash too :xyxthumbs:

malachi0420
08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I get better foam gun results with 1oz of Finish Kare 118 Super Concentrated Shampoo, car wash concentrate, auto shampoo, finish care car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-118-shampoo.html) than 2oz of DP. Even with our hard well water!Im the MAN

Mindflux
08-26-2010, 03:59 PM
You're shooting a minimal amount of soap per gallon of water from your pressure washer. It takes me something like 6 minutes at "wide open" to drain my 32oz foamer of 3 oz of soap + 29 oz of water. With a 1.5 GPM pressure washer that's 9 gallons of water. Definitely not going to be stripping off the LSP at that ratio. Dial the knob even further back (more water, less soap mix) and you're ratio gets even thinner.

cobraa
08-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Make sens.

trhland
08-27-2010, 04:58 PM
got my bogo of d/p extream foam in and ready for use :xyxthumbs: