PDA

View Full Version : Addiction?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

yeebiz
08-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I bought a car July 3 (2007 Impreza). This is the first time in my life (35 yrs old) that I bought a car that I actually like, not just looked for a good deal. I never liked my previous cars so I have never taken very good care of them. To give you some idea, my last car was a Pontiac Aztek. It looked like a miniature garbage truck!

I decided to do some research and learn how to properly take care of my car. I haven't decided whether I am lucky or cursed when I found Autogeek. Every time that I look in my detailing cabinet and see all of those Autogeek sample bottles staring at me, I realize how much money I have spent. I am looking at 12 sample bottles. I have 13 orders but didn't order a sample with my first order :( 13 orders in less than 2 months and well over $1000 dollars spent to detail my car? My cart is filling up yet again...

I used to use my mop bucket, turtle wax, and some old T shirts. Now I'm using machines, microfiber, grit guards, and about a dozen different products for one Saturday detail.

I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I have lost my mind. I have spent way too much time with my car and different products since I acquired my new addiction :xyxthumbs:

I find myself looking at others peoples cars wherever I go and analyzing what I would use on them.

I'm bothering my friends, family, and neighbors to bring me their cars so I can detail them.
(Are there any "You know you are auto geek if..." threads? I think that would be amusing).

Anyway, I am having a blast with my new addiction. Autogeek and this community are nothing short of amazing. I really appreciate what you guys have taught me.

I'm done rambling!

S2K
08-22-2010, 01:51 PM
:whs:

oldmodman
08-22-2010, 02:03 PM
It can become an addiction.

Do you prefer polishing to eating? You may have a problem.

Do you prefer polishing to going to work? You do have a problem.

Do you prefer polishing to sex? To the point where the wife is complaining? You are hopeless!

You might as well sit in front of your computer, watching a timer counting down to the next BOGO!

yeebiz
08-22-2010, 02:16 PM

Do you prefer polishing to sex? To the point where the wife is complaining? You are hopeless!

You might as well sit in front of your computer, watching a timer counting down to the next BOGO!

LOL!

I have gotten to the point where I was getting dizzy because I wasn't eating or drinking anything.

I have not missed any work yet but I would be lying if I said it hasn't crossed my mind to leave work early on a particular nice day so work on the car.

Polish over sex, never. Gotta keep my priorities straight!

Man I do look forward to those BOGOs....

Old Tiger
08-22-2010, 05:50 PM

How did you know Im hopeless!

Old Tiger
08-22-2010, 05:58 PM
OK I will start the You Might be a geek if....
You see the letters "MF" in a grafetti message and your first thought is "Microfiber" or You see the 5 gallon buckets and ask the guy in the vest where the Gamma Seeals are!

trhland
08-22-2010, 06:03 PM
OK I will start the You Might be a geek if....
You see the letters "MF" in a grafetti message and your first thought is "Microfiber" or You see the 5 gallon buckets and ask the guy in the vest where the Gamma Seeals are!

very clever :xyxthumbs:

Southern Stang
08-22-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm hopeless... The gf tends to get a little mad about that sometimes :)

yeebiz
08-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Here is another one. Every store I go into (grocery, gas station, flower shop) I look for the auto detailing section.

Old Tiger
08-22-2010, 06:46 PM
very clever :xyxthumbs:
Thanks Tom! My prayers are still with you and yours!

Old Tiger
08-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Here is another one. Every store I go into (grocery, gas station, flower shop) I look for the auto detailing section.
I just avoid stores that dont have them!

Old Tiger
08-22-2010, 06:51 PM
If you are going into a flower shop there is still hope for you!

Old Tiger
08-22-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm hopeless... The gf tends to get a little mad about that sometimes :)
Wow! I wouldnt do that to my GF! Mrs. Old Tiger on the other hand....

DiddyKong
08-22-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm slowly learning that my wife doesn't share my enthusiasm for things like finding the right APC dilution for a given task.

yeebiz
08-22-2010, 07:16 PM
If you are going into a flower shop there is still hope for you!

But the lady behind the counter looked at me weird when I asked if they carried megs 105. :xyxthumbs: