PDA

View Full Version : My Comments

Pages : [1] 2

BobbyG
08-21-2010, 07:22 AM
I've been a member here for less than a year but have found Autogeek to be a very friendly place that possess something out of the ordinary, a personal touch. The staff at Autogeek proudly and with sincerity go that extra mile to ensure your questions are answered quickly and correctly but more importantly if there's a problem it's taken care of immediately!

I don't like calling myself old because age is only a number but at 57 I started my obsession with cars long before many of you here and probably before some of you were born. :laughing: WOW, that hurt!

The products and tools available today through Autogeek are light-years ahead of what was available to me back in the late 60's and 70's. Rotary bufers were nothing more than glorified sanders we used in the shop and foam pads were the seat cushions in my car.

I less than a year I've added a Makita 9227 and a Flex 3401 to my arsenal along with a decent supply of Lake Country foam pads in various grades and lines. The technology available today is a testimony to the dedication and enthusiasm of car buffs around the world in their quest for a best possible products to fuel their passion.

Finishing products; compounds, polishes, sealants, glazes, and waxes to name only a few, have pushed the level of surface perfection and protection to levels only dreamed of in the past but are available today through Autogeek at the click of a button and at the best prices found anywhere.

I've found a home here. I've learned allot through reading more threads and posts than I can count. The members here are the very best and possess a passion that sometimes disguises itself as an addiction. This information combined with the knowledge and dedication from the staff and folks at Autogeek is truly a marvel of today.

Thank you all!

Sincerely,

Bob

CEE DOG
08-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Well said Bobby! :props:

mchess1
08-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Bobby, I have enjoyed all that you have added to the forum. Glad you have found a home.

Always enjoy seeing that bright yellow vette when you post.

Ruby13
08-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi Bobby,
Guess I must be ancient at 61 but feel the same way. Always loved my cars but other than a wash and occasional wax never went to overboard.
Well due to a series of medical problems, I have a load of time to work on my babies and my wife is sort of getting used to the UPS deliveries from AG.
The board is tremendous and I have found that any calls to AG for orders or tech information are always handled really well. Last conversation with Dwayne resulted in him offering a tour of AG as I have a winter home 40 miles south.
Hope to contribute as much as you and others as my skills increase.

Burt

ScottB
08-21-2010, 08:12 AM
What needs to be said, is you are a big part of this forum too. It would not be the same without our great members !!

daveinsweethome
08-21-2010, 10:03 AM
another older fart here. 61 and counting. i remember all the old days like bobby g. been detailing since i was a kid. my first detail was a con job from my dad. $5 for a 60 ford. 1962 layed simonize over whole car let dry to epoxy stage and buff off in 100% humidity in indiana. ugh. now live in a small town in the foothills of the cascade mtns and find out that mike phillips grew up around here and 4 wheeled in our lake with his buddies. being retired and starting a small detail business keeps me young and having autogeek to rely on makes it easy. fact that they have great products and the best prices is frosting. thanks to ag and all forum peeps. dave

Old Tiger
08-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Dang! I had no idea you guys were so old! I thought John and I had that distinction sewed up! I didnt get obsessed until I was 49 and got a SAAB Turbo Ragtop. Got renewed interest when we got the XLR which is a first cousin to the Corvette. Bobby I gotta use that passion line on Mrs. Old Tiger!

trhland
08-21-2010, 08:18 PM
autogeek treats me like true family. i dont buy tons of stuff. they dont care. they love all there customers. and thats what i love about them and there staff:xyxthumbs:

RTexasF
08-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Also 61........didn't realize how badly I had been screwing up car paint until 1996, learned a bunch since then. Prior to then if it was clean via self serve car wash foaming brush then that's all there was to it! Now i have more products than a small store could handle. Quit detailing for money a couple of years ago due to health but still enjoy keeping our cars nice. That's when deep South Texas temps permit.......110º heat index today. When it's this hot the cars can stay dirty!!!! I'll happily work on them at my own pace when the temperature is more civilized. Temps in the 60's would be ideal.......sigh.

S2K
08-21-2010, 09:30 PM
I've said this before but I'll say it again. I've never seen a web store or a brick and mortar store like Auto Geek. They truly deeply care about their customers. They offer so much for us, great prices, unbelievable sales, great advise for newbies and pros, and a forum that is ran in such a way that it is so inviting for people to use the way a forum is supposed to be used. I have read hundreds of threads and have never once read one bad word posted towards another user. I have read a lot of other forums and always ran across some pretty heated arguments that got pretty nasty. Never have I seen this on AG. It seems everyone has the utmost respect for each other and I think that stems from the whole way that AG is run as a business.
When i read what AG did for Tom's family I was blown away, I had never heard of a store doing anything like that before, that just really proved to me how much class they have and how they truly care about their customers. That is something that will keep me doing business with someone even if I have to pay a higher price, but with AG I don't have to pay a higher price, I actually get to save money!
I have never cared about having a clean car before, until I bought my Honda, I've always drove beaters, but I am so happy I found AG a couple of months ago, I have learned so much and now I am addicted. I never imagined there were so many products and so much to know about keeping a car clean and I'm sure I could have learned this somewhere else but I know it would have never been the pleasant and exhilarating experience it has been for me. Thank You AG and also ALL the forum members!

vet
08-22-2010, 08:46 AM
:iagree: I've only been on the forum for a little while also, and placed my first order with AG in July. It's a great place to do business with. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of disposable cash, so my orders will not be as frequent as I would like. They still treat me as a valued customer, and I like that. You don't get that kind of respect from any big box store.

I've always liked to have a clean vehicle, sometimes to the point of obsession, but am learning from the forum what products to use for the best results. I hope to be able to buy things like cleaners and protectants in larger sizes to save money and have a ready supply on hand.

Love the forum, but spend way too much time trying to learn new tips and tricks instead of working on vehicles!

ScottB
08-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of disposable cash, so my orders will not be as frequent as I would like. They still treat me as a valued customer, and I like that. You don't get that kind of respect from any big box store.

The thing that always impressed me was the "Special Values" area, the "BOGO" area, and the "Samples" area. Other vendors dont do this or just blow-out old stock that didnt sell well. Who puts most of an entire line on BOGO and then also offers a mix-match option so you can choose the freebie ?? Its about meeting all customers needs and not just focusing on an ultra expensive and ultra limited market while still offering the customer service one that spends that kind of money demands. Its the bigger picture here ... all of you !

There is never a time I havent talked with Captain Max where the conversation doesnt revert back to the clients. Its all about each one of you.

Meghan
08-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Thank you everyone for the comments, I must say Autogeek is an amazing place to work. I know you all only see a percent of how amazing our CEO is, but I can tell you as an employee there isn't anything he wouldn't do for us employees, and you can see how he is with the customers. He truly is a class act guy, I am very proud to work for him and be apart of everything he does for everyone. Thank you all for being a part of the Autogeek family.

jpegs13
08-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Holy Cow this place has a lot of old folk. Old Tiger, time for a new name. Maybe, Middle Aged Tiger. Looks like we're the "young guns" here.:dblthumb2:
Finding AG, a place that treats you like family, is icing on the cake. Customer service is second to none and the forum is a great place to share knowledge and gain knowledge.
It's nice to see that car care has no age limit. A passion is a passion young or old. And some passions never die out.
Keep on buffin:buffing:

Flash Gordon
08-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Anyone else need a kleenex :surrender: I think I'm going to cry :help: