PDA

View Full Version : Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner review/concerns

purgeofdarkness
08-20-2010, 05:29 PM
So I just tried out the Bottle proportioner with Meguiars Hyper Dressing(HD) and it didnt really work. The HD is too thick. So I thought no big deal, This stuff is thick. Then I tried it with Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner (APC) and oh man I got really excited. squeezed the gallon jug and it filled the measuring cup with ease, released the jug and I had 3oz of juice. Then I look at the Meguiars Spray bottle for APC and realize... they dont tell you how many ounces to put in. It doesnt even tell you how many ounces the spray bottle is(unless I missed it). No big deal though i'll just do it 3oz at a time. So I fill the Spray bottle with water to the correct mark and then start pouring the APC. And I kept pouring the APC... And kept pouring. I thought I was squeasing the jug so I tried holding it just by the handle and lifting the jug by the palm of my hand sitting on the bottom corner. It still kept pouring out.

My overall impression with the product is that It's a great idea. Unfortunatly it wont work with my spraybottles that just have marks for the ratios and no measurments. And it seems to keep pouring out and doesnt retain the fluid when the jug is tilted. I would be completely satisfied with a cap that had a nipple on it for easy pouring.

I would like to try it with the Car wash soap but im not shure if it's too thick or not. For that I would like your input please. Thanks!

Paulie12ATT
08-20-2010, 06:57 PM
I have also tried the smaller bottle proportioner with the DP extreme foam for the foam canon, and it takes me squeezing as hard as i can for about three minutes for about an ounce and a half. Just got to frustrating and i took it off. The only product i wasn't satisfied with.

Rsurfer
08-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I have both the gallon and quart sizes and works for me. Use it with ONR and Majectic Solutions Super Foam and works fine. Maybe something thicker would have some problems..Dunno. Cap is a little awkward, but still works.

jsgntulok
08-20-2010, 10:43 PM
I have both sizes and no problems using either. My only regret is not finding out bout them sooner.

vleong1
08-23-2010, 05:35 PM
So I just tried out the Bottle proportioner with Meguiars Hyper Dressing(HD) and it didnt really work. The HD is too thick. So I thought no big deal, This stuff is thick. Then I tried it with Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner (APC) and oh man I got really excited. squeezed the gallon jug and it filled the measuring cup with ease, released the jug and I had 3oz of juice. Then I look at the Meguiars Spray bottle for APC and realize... they dont tell you how many ounces to put in. It doesnt even tell you how many ounces the spray bottle is(unless I missed it). No big deal though i'll just do it 3oz at a time. So I fill the Spray bottle with water to the correct mark and then start pouring the APC. And I kept pouring the APC... And kept pouring. I thought I was squeasing the jug so I tried holding it just by the handle and lifting the jug by the palm of my hand sitting on the bottom corner. It still kept pouring out.

My overall impression with the product is that It's a great idea. Unfortunatly it wont work with my spraybottles that just have marks for the ratios and no measurments. And it seems to keep pouring out and doesnt retain the fluid when the jug is tilted. I would be completely satisfied with a cap that had a nipple on it for easy pouring.

I would like to try it with the Car wash soap but im not shure if it's too thick or not. For that I would like your input please. Thanks!

I have the exact same issue as you. I tried using it with some Megs Wheel Brightener and it just doesn't stop pouring out. You can actually see the liquid coming out of the drain/fill hole...

Are we doing something wrong?...:confused:

Old Tiger
08-23-2010, 07:13 PM
I have also tried the smaller bottle proportioner with the DP extreme foam for the foam canon, and it takes me squeezing as hard as i can for about three minutes for about an ounce and a half. Just got to frustrating and i took it off. The only product i wasn't satisfied with.
I had this problem too with Xtreme Foam. I had a gallon Pro Blend and replaced it with a quart size. I then diluted the DP 2:1 and dispense 3 oz to get 1 oz of DP. It works perfectly! I got 8 of the quart size. I dilute Optimum Car Wash and CG the same way. IT works fantastic for Rinseless DP and ONR without diluting.. BTW I gave my gallon size to a buddy for use with garden products. BTW I use the $1 Home Depot bottles with the Pro Blend. They are easy to squeeze and thats what you want! Oh yea it works fantastic for Pinnacle MF Rejuvenator too. None of my quart size leak FWIW.

Old Tiger
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I have both the gallon and quart sizes and works for me. Use it with ONR and Majectic Solutions Super Foam and works fine. Maybe something thicker would have some problems..Dunno. Cap is a little awkward, but still works.
I agree the gallon size is very awkward! People are better off getting two of the quart size and transferring product to quart bottles,

rjom
08-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Although I find it works perfectly with the gallon size ONR.